This morning, I was on my way to lab, as usual with my iPod in the pocket. But I noticed that it got stuck, and so I was music-less for 20 mins. Luckily it was slightly drizzling, and the weather was perfect. So my walk to the lab was not lengthening (without music) as I supposed it would be. I enjoyed the drizzle and the breeze. This iPod is special, because it was a birthday gift from Prissy in year 2008, and at the back its inscribed "Live it out Mim. Love, Kim". Its something I couldn't afford otherwise, so it becomes a treasure. As soon as I reached the lab, I told Adree about it, and I googled on how I should get it fixed. I had the answer at one go, "Press the middle button and the menu button for 5 to 15 seconds, and an Apple logo will appear". I followed the instructions and it worked. I was relieved. Adree asked me how I googled. I told her that I have just typed "Ipod hang". She said, "Mimi, you have a boy's mind. If I were you, I would have typed - My ipod got hanged, what shall I do?". We laughed.
When I was small, I hardly wore skirts. Well, growing up with five big brothers, I was much more comfortable with pants. I didn't even know how to sit while wearing a skirt. I remember in one of my Sunday school photos, we were in Beginner's department, all the girls sat nicely, covering whatever they had to cover, while I was sitting with all my panty showing. Gee! What an embarrassment :-) The other day, on our Meeting with Aduhi, and my sample collection (mentioned in the previous post), there was a bomb scare just outside where we had dinner and all the traffic was halted. Brother 2 was the one who had sent those samples. So he asked me if I have received my stuffs or not. I told him we went there, and there was a bomb scare. He replied "What if ur bombed? Ud survive. Coz ur bullet/bomb proof since childhood!"
I guess Adree's right. I may have a boy's mind. Because the other day, I saw a photo shared on 9gag about 'boy vs girl's desktop'. My desktop is quite neat, and my bed is always made. So I was thinking, maybe I'm in between :D (jk). But when I've come to think of it, I'm not like most girls, and it has its pros and cons.
Unlike most girls (pros):
I'm not afraid of the dark. And I'm not afraid of insects or snakes or lizards or frogs. I can carry my own luggage without asking someone's help. I'd go twice or thrice back and forth if I have to. I'm not afraid to stay in the lab up to 12am on my own. My lab-mates would be worried sometimes, if my work gets prolonged. I know there are securities inside the campus, so I feel that I'm quite safe, while some of my girl-friends would need company if they were to stay late. I can change gas cylinders when it gets emptied while cooking, provided the full cylinder should have a trolley. And I can carry empty gas cylinders from my house to the distributing point, which may be about 50 paces (:D). I'm not afraid of syringe and injections. I can swallow medicines ever since childhood. I can travel alone (train/bus/plane), and I remember staying up all night alone in Kolkata airport because I did not get room to stay (This, I guess some girls can do too, but, just mentioning!). When I was small, I used to get sick while traveling by road. So we would just hang a carry bag on my neck, and I'd just puke whenever I felt like it without disturbing the others. Cool eh? :P
Unlike most girls (cons):
![]() |
| Cleaning rice - Buh thlei |
I cannot arrange flowers even though I admire them. I cannot sew dresses and clothes (I can put buttons :D). Mom and dad are both experts in stitching and tailoring stuffs, and their daughter is zero at it (hihi). I don't know which color eye-shadow would match my eyes, or in which pattern I should apply. I don't know which lipstick color would match my lips. I don't know dress designs, I wear whatever my tailor stitches for me. I'm not interested in the trending fashion. I don't know how to fix my hair, leave it straight or tie it up. On occasions, curl it. That's all I got. I have just one color nail-polish. Mocha express from Revlon. I feel uneasy using colors like bright red, or blue or black, but I love it when its used by other girls. Due to my allergy/sinusitis, I cannot clean the rice in our traditional way of "Buh thlei". I guess, of all the cons mentioned, buh thlei may be one of the things I want to learn most, but my sneezing nose and watery eyes just wouldn't let me. I'd sit with mom whenever she brings out rice to clean, then I'd end up lying in bed with a running nose. So I gave up trying.
To all the girls who can do all these things that I cannot do - RESPECT!



14 comments:
nice post bro :)
@Dr. John: That was fast!!! Thanks :))
@Anon: Thanks, sis? :D
Unlike one girl I'm scared of reptiles and caterpillars, afraid of syringe and injections since time immemorial. And I have a "fear of the dark". :P
And we'd love to see the Sunday School picture :-)
its so funny SISTHER
some more updates please dear Dr. Claire
May be they shot 'It's a boy girl thing' after noticing you ;)
@Joseph: Don't worry, I'll save you :D That Sunday school picture is long gone! (I hope) hihi
@Adree and Anon: thanks, SISTER!! updated already, go see :P
@Ajay: hahaha, I was having "She's the man" in mind :)
Really "IPOD HANG"
@Alpha: really :D
BTW "AWESOME BLOG" I WAS LMAO WHEN I READ YOUR BLOG so much fun thanks ;-)
Thanks Alpha, its an honour. Oni has mentioned you many times :-)
nice post...your right! most of the mizo girls are nothing like you...i only wish they could be more like you(except for the BUH THLEI part of course hehe)
i PA reng reng bawk e lawm :D
@Kanvengpa: I only wish I could do what other girls can do too :) Thanks for visiting
@Mizohican: Who's the man?? :P
Post a Comment