claire

a disclosure

Me and Chhamanator were on our way to meet our blogger friend Aduhi who had come to Guwahati a few days back. We were on the bus which was about an hour drive to reach where she stayed. I asked Chhamanator, "Do you know where Aduhi lives, back in Mizoram?" He replied "Nope!". "Have you met her before?"  He said, "No, this will be my first time too." It's always exciting to meet someone for the first time, whom you have known (online) for quite some time. I started blogging three years ago, and I remember changing my blog layout quite often because I could not find the 'neat' template I wanted - a template which would reflect a 'Diary' since my blog is all about a disclosure of my diary. One day, while reading Aduhi's blog, I recognized she was using a new 'notepad-like' template, and it was exactly what I wanted. So I hunted something similar for myself, and that is how I got my 'now' template. I haven't changed it ever since. 

Pssst... This link leads to our first online interaction. Click THIS. :-)

I've been always impressed with the way she writes. She writes great stories too! She uses simple words, which I don't have to 'google' about, and it is easy to read, for a non-literature student and a non-book reader like myself. I'm not interested in reading books. Yup! That's why I love blogs. They are short and sweet. Way before I started to have my own blog, Aduhi's blog was one of the blogs I visited most, which I would find on the right side of a Mizo website misual.com put up by my cousin Sandman. I was not sure whether it would be impolite to just comment on a stranger's blog, so, many posts I read and left un-commented. But I guess I did the right thing when I started putting up my comments, she promptly commented on mine, and then, we added each other on Facebook, and then, we finally get to meet :-)

Our arrival was much delayed since we were caught up in traffic jam. We texted and called each other in between. While texting, I remember one of her blog post where she wrote about how she hated using short cut words in sms, so I kept in mind to use the correct words :-). I also remembered Sandman's post where he wrote about online friends. We don't know where they live nor their parents name or what their parents do, or their real names, but what we do know is their likes and dislikes, their favorite color, their birthdays, the kind of music they like, their opinion about the society or politics, and so on. That is whats exciting about meeting online friends. You don't know them, but you actually know them pretty well :D. 

Finally, we arrived. We shook hands and started to talk. You wouldn't believe how smooth the conversation went. There was nothing awkward about it. Seems as if we are long lost friends, who could finally meet after so many years. She said, "You're shorter than I expected". We all laughed. She must have thought I was having a supermodel figure or something :P. We took her to a restaurant nearby, where we had Mutton biryani. I guess we made a mistake on taking her to a North-East biryani shop, to a person who has come from the land of biryani itself (Hyderabad). It must not have been what she expected, but she ate without any complain. The best part was, I could actually talk and laugh to tears with her. It was fun.

I don't want to take credit for travelling more than an hour to meet her, because honestly, it was a day that my samples were to arrive from Mizoram. They've been sending it every week, so I had to go and collect it, and she happened to be in town, and Chhamanator was kind enough to come along. Since our campus is that far from the city, we don't usually go there, if not for church, or good food, or for shopping. But I would be lying if I say it was not worth to meet her. I'm glad we did. We bid goodbye, with lingering memories of the short meeting. The next meeting, we know not when. 

So, here's a toast to online world, to blogging and to the good friends it had brought me. 
Cheers!



11 comments:

Restaurant no i tih keh kha i ziak miah lo :)

@The Chhamanator: Ka lo theihnghilh daih tawh a :P. Tikhan ka ziak ang ani mai. hehe

It's been more than a decade since I've become a citizen in the online world. Reason being that I don't earn money but met tons of good friends along the way, which I value more and I wanna keep up with them.

Aduhi chu min lo chibai kep lawp lawp lo nia :P

Thil dang daih - "Online hrat ho hi chu, kan peng kan peng a, kan inhmukhawm leh thrup zel" - Tu sawi ber nge ka hre tawh lo..A dik hmel hi ka tia.

a font khi tinge a tawp lam a zuih tak nachhan khi ka van hre chak :P

@Joseph: Ka lo biak lawp lawp che alawm. Kan Pu Sandman a nupui neih hunah kan inhmukhawm laih laih ang chu. A nei har tawh bawk sia! Kan lo thlir lawkna rei tawh tehreng nen. lolz :-)

@Anon: font hi ka duh angin a awm ngai tawh lo hrim hrim, a chhan pawh ka hre bik lo. A chang leh a zuih a, a chang leh a lo lian a. Trebuchet ka select ve ziaha, chuan normal ah ka dah bawk a, hemi font pawh hi ka duh aiin a te, large ka thlan in a lian leh mah mah bawk sia. Chuan, zawhna awm thei chhanna, "Aih, Microsoft word ah ka type phawt lo, blog ah ka type lut nghal". Tihian hmang vel mai mai ang :-)

This is one person I haven't met in real life, and would love to meet (and discuss about feminism and stuff related to that :D )

Chuan nia, natinge i font khi a tawp lamah a format a dang daih a? Microsoft word ah i type phawt a mi? :D

@Mizohican: About Feminism? with Aduhi? hehe, I think she and I, are on the same boat. And the font is totally normal, go check your eyes :P

Aduhi hi a lar si a, nula fel, nelawm, fiamthu duh, titi thiam tak, tituai nalh tak anih ka lo ralkhat rin ve ngawt a.

Chhama tshirt hak hi Bangalore-a kan thianho in kawr tha hak tur a neih loh vangin kan leisak anih hi. Thawh ve lo pawh an awm :)

@caribou: I van ring dik thiam em em, kan fiamthu kan in catch khawp mai, a bei hlui ve thei a. lolz

@ben rtz: a va han zahpuiawm thin tak, hetah pawh TREAT ati renggggg. :)