Last night, I was thinking whether I'd be able to go home this winter. While every one was heading towards home for the holidays last year, I was heading away leaving behind a new unworn pair of boots that I've ordered from NEXT. I had to spend the most awaited days of my life - Christmas, My birthday and New year away from home. I can't predict my stay here in IITG, either my boss will extend my stay, or he might tell me to pack my stuffs in October (Its a three months extension basis). Whatever it may be, I have to be here on 23rd December, to write an exam. So either if I stay here, or if I come from home, I will be needing a flight ticket to home before Christmas. I was just browsing through Make my trip site, then I saw a cheap ticket, I bought it without any second thoughts, with all the money I've got in my bank account. But I still can't be sure whether I'll be able to make this trip, its all in God's hands, I should leave it according to His will.
Ever since I've Post graduated, me and my friends have been applying for the National Eligibility Test (NET), in which we always fail to succeed. My best friend in Chennai once told me "Mimi, I think its a waste. It's like I'm donating 800rs (400 June exam + 400 Dec exam) every year to CSIR". She's from general class, so she had to pay 400rs for applying while we, from the Scheduled Tribe have to pay 100rs.
There are many reasons why we can't clear this exam. Our subject comes under Life Science, and the exam is conducted jointly by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grants Commission (UGC) . Its not like those other subjects which has been conducted solely by the UGC, and we do not have an exam center in Mizoram. The nearest centers are either Imphal, Guwahati or Kolkata. So we get a little sad when every once in a while, someone updates their fb status "I've cleared NET", and our relatives asks, "How about you?". Its annoying to explain every time, "Their NET and our NET isn't the same!" Unlike the exams conducted by the UGC, there is a 25% negative marking for each wrong answer, and the question itself is very very tricky.
Ok, keeping the excuses aside, whether we like it or not, we have to give this exam. There's no point in wailing about it. And frankly, we don't study, and surely we don't deserve to clear it without studying. Most times I did not attempt the exam, coz I had to travel, and I
thought it was a waste of time and money to attempt an exam which I
didn't study for.
I called up Mom this morning, to tell her about the ticket that I've bought for December. She was happy about it. She said she has been having a dedicated prayer exclusively for me these days, and as a matter of fact she was just about to pray when I called her. She wants me to clear this exam. It has been dragging for so long. And truth be told, I'm not a very bright person, I succeed only when I study and work for something. In my B.Sc years, I got 98% in Botany and with it, I broke the record in University of Mysore, and every one thought I was so bright and smart. Well, they did not know how much I studied. I want to be that person again. Someone who works hard, and achieves a fruit out of it.
I turned the pages of the NET syllabus today, click HERE in case your interested to know about it. There are, in short, 13 units, and I have exactly 12 weeks and few days left to face the exam. The 13 units itself has been divided into so many parts, and its a combination of Botany, Zoology, Immunology, Microbiology, Human Genetics etc. I have to get my lazy brain to work. And so I plan to update my progress every week here in my blog, so that I can keep myself disciplined. This little project is going to be tough I know, and my research/lab work will go on in between. But I gotta do what I gotta do! So even if I can't clear the test, I can at least be content about it and say that "I've tried".
To my blog readers - I need your prayers and support, I will keep you updated every week. To mom - please keep praying for me, I will try my best to achieve what you wanted. To that sweet guy who might want some time with me - I will not be available much, and I can't stop you from not talking to other girls. But I promise, once I get done with this test, and if your'e still interested, I can make you a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate, on a cold winters' night, and we can cuddle up and watch a movie next to our fireplace :-) To Social Networking - I will not try to hibernate from you, because seriously, you have been a part of me since my B.Sc days, and you never were a reason that I don't do well in anything. I hate it when people think its Facebook that controls you. You should control it, don't let it control you. Wish me luck guys.
*NERD MODE ON*


14 comments:
Heyyyy did you clear NET this time? Results came out recently. A lot of my friends cleared it. What about you? When are you clearing NET? Why can't you clear NET when all my friends can? Why why why?
*troll mode on* :D
Did you give NET on June? Have you clear it yet? :P
i inspire you :P
FISH NET, MOSQUITO NET, .NET, and NET (for normal human beings) - are the nets I know but not the one you mentioned up there for extra-terres...oh extra-ordinary people. :-)
Just one word - iiuuukhennnduuueattt
yo Mimz
i feel you ti dawn ta ila.....Mizohican hian alo la kawi em lovang chu maw?? lolzz seriously guess we are going through the same old routine again n again...lets break it and get through this time..all the best.
@Mizohican: go troll somewhere else :p
@Alejendro: blehhhh
@The Chhamanator: You're the inspiration (ka zai pah) :D
@Joseph: theng khiuuuuuu, I'll buy you a chick net :D
@ice-man: yeah man! all the best buddy
eh eh eh, sweet guy chu tungeeee?In cuddle lai ka lo bihthlaaa :D
My cousin has this to say about negative marking- "For every 1 answer that I get correct, I can get four wrong to get a zero".
I know your'e smart,intelligent etc, so don't worry. Your time will come! Come home for Xmas,or at least, try to spend your Bday and the New Year here. If you want,I can break in those unworn boots for you, you know. I'm willing to sacrifice myself for you.
Seriously though, good luck!
@ku2: its an imaginary sweet guy (zei lo thei! :P)
haha, gurlfren, I will surely let you wear them boots if you want :-)
being a life science person myself i totally understand the kinda effort u need to put into t anyways work hard all the best keep up the nerd mode:-D
@thegirlinthefadedbluejeans: thank you, a harsa khawps mai, hrih ana. haha
I was hoping that it ends with “ This will be my last time in Internet World or so“ . Instead, you dare to choose working with them.. That’s very headstrong and bold move.. Well Good Luck to you, ill keep an eye on your update :)
@Er.Beethugs: I comment hi a bo leh daih ka ring a, ka lo nghak deuh a, hehe. Thank you, a very difficult move it is :)
All the best! I hope and pray that you clear if God wills :)
And about the NERD mode, your blog activity suggests otherwise ;)
@Ajay: yes, If its God's will, but I have to play my part too.
Blog activity is so active. hahaha. NERD mode has made me think a lot. What to dooooooo??? lolzzz
Post a Comment