Happy Birthday Mom!
![]() |
| Me and Mom on my 3rd Brother's wedding, March 2012 (She is wearing a wig due to her chemo treatment) |
She has turned 65 and I am overwhelmed with joy right now. We spoke for half an hour, and I'm just so happy to hear her laughter over the other end of the line. She had so much to say. Our conversation wouldn't have ended if cousin Maremi had not paid a visit to wish her. But I can call her up again, maybe some time in the night.
Looking back at my older posts, I noticed I have mentioned mom in most of my updates, and I have four posts dedicated especially for her (click on links to read the post)
1) I Love You
4) SHE
Growing up with some one like my mom, was no doubt quite difficult some times. Because she is organized, disciplined, strict and stern, and very very hardworking. She's the kind of person who cannot simply sit and allow the spider to weave its cobwebs. The kind of person who just doesn't sleep during the day, because of a previous sleepless night. The kind who scolds you when she's mad, but then she doesn't hold grudges on any one.The kind of person who arranges the closet with neatly folded clothes, and who arranges her money to face the exact same side inside her purse (I've inherited this from her).
People who are lazy and carefree don't usually enter mom's good book. And I'm one of them (:D). Teenage years was the hardest. That time your on the phone with a friend for about an hour, and she comes and tells you to hang up. And that time when a friend is celebrating a birthday, and she tells you to get home before dark. That time you didn't go home before dark, and she starts calling every house of your friends and startle their parents. That time when you're having a good time at a friend's place, the phone rings, and every one guesses "It's probably Mimi's Mom". That embarrassing time your guy friend (having pierced ears) visits you, and she asks "Whose son are you?" with THAT look on her face. That time when every girl was wearing dresses designed in the latest fashion, but she designs yours for you, and you have to wear it without complaining. You can complain, but the thing is, the design remains the same (hehe).
I wanted a sister so much back then, so that we can at least share our worries. As I slowly start growing, I've come to realize that mom is the only best friend I'll ever have. She'll tell me things to do, scold me when I go wrong, after all, she's my mom, and its her job. Mom got married at an early age, and she did not complete her matriculation (Early marriage was a tradition back then I guess). When I passed my Class 10 board exam, she prayed with tears of joy during our family prayer. I won't forget that prayer. She used to say, "I may not have completed my matric exam, but according to my kids, I have passed six times!". Yes, mom was always there for us. She would stay awake as long as we study, prepare maggi or egg for us, sometimes milk with honey. Till middle school, she would sit with me while studying, and prepare questions so that I could self-test myself after every chapter.
I did not get her a gift this time. Last year I managed to give her a touchscreen phone, and you know, mom catches up so fast, she can use her touchscreen phone, send sms and make calls at the age beyond 60. Amazing right? That's my Mom, and I'm proud of her :-) This year, I'm broke (:D). Maybe I'll call her again, and again. After all, gift is not what that matters, its the love we have and the way we show it to some one, that really matters. I'm just so thankful to God, for giving me a Mom like her.
(A little update on the 12w challenge)
Progress? No :P
Good day Y'all !!



12 comments:
Ka rilru ah hei hi a lo lang phawt a -
"Ka nausenin tu nge mi kawl?
Ka nu, ka nu duh tak chu!
Tawng thei lovin tu nge mi pawl?
Ka nu, ka nu duh tak chu!
Ka dam lo va, a tlaivar a,
Ka tap a, min lo chawi mu thin.
Hah takin, chak lo chung pawhin,
Ka nu, ka nu duh tak chu!..."
Chuan, nu i nei fel in i nei hmeltha hle mai. I nu ang hi nu zawng zawng hi ni se chuan khawvel hi a hlim zawk ngei ang le.
Happy Birthday to Mimi's Mom :-)
Nu hi zawng an hlu e. Chawimawi leh hriat reng an phu ngawih ngawih a ni. "Happy Birth Day to Your Ma" By the way, i Nu hi a hmeltha hle mai...a Nulat lai phei chuan a thang hat-in ka ring. I Tluk lo a nih hi, ;-))
Wonderful Mimi!!..Reading this reminds me of my mom.
@Joseph: Ti lawmawm thin mange, nang nge nge :) (I rilru-a lo lang phawt khi ka vawi khat hriatna mawle)
@Dr.John: Thank you so much, hehe, nia, ka nu hi ka tluk lo an ti zel, a hmeltha asin :)
@plant genetic engineering: thanks a lot, Mom's are gems, Mom's are the best :)
Nula fel tak nih dawn hi... nute
chawimawi thiam hle mai....
Pi Rami chu Happy Birthday!! :) Kanu Birthday pawh a nih ve tep tawh tak hi maw...
@Anon: Ti lawmawm e, fel em em hran lo :D
@Alejendro: Thank you, I nu chu min lo wish kep rawh aww
Belated wishes .. and i wish her all the best! :)
@Ajay: thank you so much :)
Who said I'm going to wish her? :)
Nu fel leh hmeltha tak i nei a, i vannei hle mai, thu lah i ziak thiam... :-) I thuziak chuan, ka chunnu (fam) min tihrechhuak vawng vawng.. :-(
K'u Aduhi in tlawh chungchang lah kha, ama blog ami emaw ka lo ti vel! :-)
@Mahminga Sailo: I van ti lawmawm ve.. I nu I hriatchhuah chuan, nu fel tak anih ve dawn tho chu :-) Aduhi hi thuu ziah lama ka idol pakhat ania, a blog emaw i lo tih chu a lawmawm tho mai :D
Post a Comment