claire

a disclosure

Chapped lips, dry skin, cold feet plus a bonus of several sneezes every day. That's what winter brings. But hey! I Love Winter. It has always been my favorite time of the year. I can wear as many layers of sweaters I want, sip as much as coffee I can consume, sit near the fireplace, or just bask myself in the sun. There are so many ways to keep myself warm. I only wish to see snow one day, and perhaps make a snow man :-)

I always want to spend my winter at home, because Christmas, My birthday and New year all falls under this holiday season. Which means, I can go shopping for all occasions, be with my family and reunite with many of my friends too.

Apart from these, there are special reasons why I'm looking forward to this winter.

First of all, our high school reunion is coming up this 19th. I can't wait to see all my classmates. I wonder how many of them would bring their spouse and kids. Yeah, the early birds (hehe). The other night, me and my close friends from high school had a little reunion dinner. 3 of them could not make it, but the rest 5 of us had a really good time. And gosh! How time has changed things. Change of thoughts, boyfriends, likes and dislikes. We talked about the past. About the cute boys we used to have a crush on, and who are now so not cute anymore (hehe). We reminisced crazy moments. We got together like after how many years? I've lost counts. It was fun!

Secondly, My Birthday. Since it falls during this season, we always happen to celebrate my birthday somehow, even if it was not planned. But this year, it falls on a Sunday. And I want to do something different, for a change. So, I thought it would be great to visit an orphanage home, help them with something and make them happy. I've talked about this to a few of my close friends. But I seriously have no idea what to give. What kind of a gift would be ideal? A bag of rice? Or some snacks to eat? I have to think about this. I'd be glad if anyone could suggest me with something.

And then, I have been invited to 3 weddings, all from very special friends. Moreover, I have been appointed a very special duty in church for this month.

For all these reasons and more, I am excited for this winter!!.....

BUT........

(shucks! I hate 'buts')

I might have to go away. Yes, back to IIT. Duty calls. If things work out, I might have the opportunity to use their lab instruments, which will be very important for sharpening my skills and in making my thesis valuable. So I cannot make any plans as such, for now. The last time I spent Christmas away from home was 4 years back. I remember calling up my mom on Christmas eve. I cried hearing her voice. hey! I was a baby that time :-)

Only God knows how I'd spend this winter. I just want it to be fruitful.

Happy Holidays everyone!

25 comments:

'Winter has me in its grip
Think I'll take a Summer trip
On a sunny sailing ship
Where the shells lie on the shore'
I actually sang this Don McClean song at the PUC College week many many moons ago!
Regarding your plan to visit an orphanage, any gift will be
apreciated accompannied with hugs, as they really must miss warm human touch during the cold season.

Merry Christmas, happy birthday and happy reunion.. all in advance! :P

Here, we don't have winter Lolzzz So, enjoy winter time there alone!

@dr_feelgood: a warm hug. Yup. Will keep that in mind. U sang? I mean do u sing? Are u like one of these celebrities we have? :-) hehehe.. am just curious!

@VaiVa: Thank YOU! Your the first to wish me. hehe.. yea, summer and christmas - so not compatible. poor you :-)

I am not late either, coming with a tiny bottle of antibacterial hand sanitizing gel. You got all chapped-sticks!

Happy Holiday...

IIT chu kal lo mai roh. thawhlawm i khawn angai. lol

How I wished I could be as enthusiastic about winter as you are! You are always so cheerful and so happy.
Reunions...haven't been to a single one,seeing people after 15 years would be so strange, but it will be interesting to see how they turned out.
Happy Birthday in advance, and happy holidays too.

@chawnghilh: "antibacterial hand sanitizing gel"? sound's familiar :-)

@Alejendro: Thanks.. wish you the same

@chuaululiana: hahaha.. chanvo nei tha bawk sia tiraw..

@aduhi: I've always loved winter, in spite of my allergy increasing, and how i wished I could write as good as you. Come'on..Its the season to be jolly..:-) Thanks for your wishes.

@ Mimihrahsel: No holiday for me... :-(

Happy Birthday
Happy Holidays
Happy Christmas
Happy New Year
Happy Reunion
Happy IIT...

Nuam i ti lutuk ange! :-)

You have such wild and vivid imagination!! What I meant was it was those College Week when one had to participate for the Class' sake and no one was really willing, so I volunteered and walked away with the prize. Not really due to talent but due to poor competitions. I still have the 'cup' which no one believes I won in a singing competition. :)

Hey! Merry Christmas

Winter...winter.. You made it sound so cheerful. And the only line I can think of about winter is ,"Ka 'dap' a tui," ;-). Have a smashing winter!

This comment has been removed by the author.

Merry birthday!!!

Happy christmas!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Merry work at IIT!! :P

yeah there are great things that happened in winter for me too...Like... I got my first kiss in winter:)
Also It's the time of year that I met my one true love:)
So even if I have to spend this year heartbroken:( I still feel that winter's play a special part in my life as well

hey mimi,
yesterday in the afternoon, we all had a discussion at the dept and the unanimous decision was that as far as the question of "who is the cutest of all" is concerned it was decided that henceforth "mimi Hrahsel is the cutest"
your "This Winter" blog so reminds me of my niece Peki, last week she was muttering to her Barbie all the things she loved and disliked about the coming christmas week..she loves the furry necked jacket i bought her (she calls it apu zuala jacket:)) this evening she lined up all her, varied flavoured lip gloss and said that it was only for the two of us and no one else...i always hated winter, the irritable cold, the occasional cough followed by the sniffs and sneeze atichho!! but thanks to my niece (peki) and my cutest friend (mimi) I LOVE WINTER and I LOVE YOU BOTH.....
MERRY CHRISTMAS SWEETHEARTS:-*

First off, I am not letting u go anywhere this X-mas, you know how many x-mases we've spend together, and our family should do something special this year.
Secondly, IIT can wait, it's not gonna disappear BUT, X-mas 2009 is never every gonna come back.
Thirdly, I'm psyched about our plans for ur birthday, I think it's the coolest thing to do something amazing for these sweet kids, be the beloved!!
Last but not the least,
PARTYYYYIIIEEEE, come on, i've got some new songs that i want to teach ya the dance routines, come on who can miss Miss Prissy's groovy moves mixed with Helen's hyperactive solo- dance.
DONT GO!

@alejendro: ohhh.. thats too bad :-(

@Tetea: thank u mawlh2 :-)nangpawh nuam lo ti leh lutuk lo la aw! :-D

@dr_feelgood: lolzzz! congrats anyways

@Naupang^Fel: Merry Christmas!

@@Sidewinter: same to you. I dap a tui? ka catch lo :-)

@wonderboy: thank you.. Merry Christmas and Happy New year

@Splendiferous: Come'n! Its high time you get over THAT feeling. come home, im sure things will be different over here. I promise you'll have a good winter

@ice-man: BUT I thought YOU are the cutest :-) to me, you ARE the cutest. I think your good in buying gifts, coz the purple scarf you gave me for my last birthday is still one of my favourite :-) Love you too pal! your'e the best. Muah! Merry Christmas

@Prissy: I HOPE and PRAY that I'd stay.. cant wait to spend my Christmas, birthday and new year with u girls. wouldn't be fun without me! hehehe

hnap..A ping tawh thin a..lol

Wishing you a Happy Winter--Happy Birthday and Happy Christmas--whether you spend it at home or elsewhere.

Winter, biting cold weather and chapped lips are all greek to me having spend 7 of the last 10 Christmas-es in South India whre there are only 3 seasons - Hot, Hotter and Hottest. Its actually funny to see the locals wearing these big jackets sometimes when one is walking around in tshirt and shorts

I came up with this initial idea of reunion BUT look where I am. Sucks!!

Give them love!! eh :D