I came home after a stressful day last week, when my three nieces all came and ran towards me, and gave me a tight group hug (our hug – which ill explain later). All stress seemed to vanish. That was when I thought “I have to write something about these little darlings”.
I am blessed with 5 brothers, and i was the cry baby of the family, the pampered and not spoilt (mind it) little brat :-). I always dreamt of having a real sister and would innocently ask my mom to have another baby soon. But from the past 6 years, three special princesses happened in my life. My 3 little nieces Felfeli, Dindini and Puipuii. And I want to dedicate this post to them. They are my beautiful angels.
Felfeli (age 6):
My first niece, daughter of my second brother. Looking at her today, she reminds me so much of me! She’s my mom’s baby, and has been sleeping with my parents since she was 2. She gets shy for no reason, and laughs as much as me. She finds almost everything funny. She’s a good story teller, and could make up stories, narrate it without any sign of it being made up. Lately, she’s been speaking to herself in English a lot, we think she’s imitating her teacher at school. Dad used to read her stories before she sleeps (again, just like me :-)). She can hum to almost all the songs I play. She’s very responsible, and takes care of her two lil sisters pretty well. Although she fights with dindini at times, well, ain’t that one of the best part of childhood? She wants to be a nurse or doctor or teacher when she grows up (I always wanted to be a doctor or teacher). But the last time I asked her, she said she wants to be a millionaire! She prays a lot, and unlike most other kids, she believes in her prayers. I know she’s going to become someone great someday.
Dindini (age 4):
She’s feli’s younger sister. The unconquerable, Miss Independent and The Entertainer! This one.. you’ll fall in love with her. Tell her to dance, tell her to sing, tell her to do anything.. she’ll do it, but on one condition – DON’T LAUGH. She’s an early bird, and very enthusiastic. She can dance really well, she can imitate almost all the dances she sees on T.V. And she has her own set of vocabularies. I will jot down whatever I can remember here, coz I think its too precious to be forgotten.
1. When she finishes using the loo, and wants someone to go wash for her, she’ll shout “anu/api/anite/apa KA EK KA KHAM TOHHH!”
2. Khuavangchhinchhiah – vangkhuachhinchhiah
3. kutchuk – chukchu (a u in a hnungah chukchu a nei)
4. lassi – sihal (anu sihal ka in chak ee)
5. picnic – toothpick ( anite keini chu kan in toothpick don bik ah)
6. sangha ruh – a perek (a perek a om!)
7. phurthak – meithak (anu meithak ka kai ania- this happened today actually - 31st May 2009)
8. Once I scolded her for touching my makeup stuffs, she stared at me for a moment and said “anite-i chu I thinthat lai kha ka ngai e” then she walked off..lol. (must be opposite of thinchhia)
9. Her fav singer is “Mimi Varte”.. we don’t know which one she means, Mimi Renthlei or Mami Varte.
Today I asked her what she wants to become when she grows up, first she smiled and said ‘Mimi-i’. Then Feli explained the meaning to her, then she said ‘e e e.. I want to become a nurse’. But I think she’s just repeating what her sister said. This one will be resourceful and dependable in everything she does.
Puipuii (age 1 and half):
This little one.. the most adorable baby! Dad calls her the 'JOKER' of the family. My third brother’s daughter. The sweet, naughty and playful one. She’s bold and bald (she takes up my brothers). Her mom tries her best to dress her as girly as possible, with pink dress and pink shoes. But there’s always one, foolish enough to ask “why are you dressing your son as a girl”? haha.. and her mom would be furious. She can dance to all sounds of beat. You should hear the way she says things, soooo cute!
Love you – laaaa huuuu,
gud nite – nu niiiite,
ih mo – nih mooo,
ngai che – nai teee
If she hears a fart sound, she’ll point at you and say ‘BOOM’..lol.
She calls me “lai meme” (lalmimi) and calls her mom “lai baybe” (lal baby).. I taught her *evil grin* . And I am teaching her now how to say ‘alo nih tak chu’, but she cant get the words right yet. I cant wait for her to learn! I take her to church on Sundays, and she would fall asleep in my arms (the part I like the most). She’s the boldest amongst the three! And she can take care of herself. She falls sick lot of times and has been admitted to the hospital more than 5 times since she was born. I pray that she would soon come out of this situation.
OUR HUG: We name it “HUG HUG HUG”.
For this, we have to stand atleast 5 feet away from each other. And we have to run to each other (like in Hindi movies), and they (the kids) should jump up to me, and we should give each other 4-5 times pat on the back, concluded with a kiss. Puipuii’s also learning this.
Its so much fun to be with them, and watch them play, though they get a little irritating at times, but they are kids. And I often regret scolding them sometimes. They brought such joy to our lives, and I love them so much! Thank You Lord, for my beautiful angels.
Chp 921. Why I'll Never Be a Good Farmer
2 months ago

21 comments:
Haha.ngaihnawm hle mai... Felfeli chiah hi ka lo hria a...
Nice one Mim... Almost convinced me to have kids....
Embarassed to say but M not very good with kids.. They'll come to me only whwn they want somethin... but only after they bit grow older...
Thumbs up to u Mim... being a wonderfull nuteii to them.
Felfeli hi ami tuka hlau kha.. sei tha thei deng deng khop mai.. intereseting and hilarious (chhiar chhuak lo mah ila)
Ps: many typing and spelling mistakes there... I lo chhiar thiam toh mai don nia.. Thanx
i cant wait to come home, its the consolation that i have that these girls are going to be joyful and make my days full of happiness
Hmmm when i read the words group hug..i was reminded of those nerds in Mtv shouting group hug group hug, ahahahaha. tak2a this particular post of yours made me smile.....i smiled cuz you too are a cho chweet nau-te just like them, atleast for me.nice blog dear.keep it coming.
p.s. when do i meet these angels,especially the boy hehehehehe
My nieces too! :P
And hey, you not being spoilt??? lolz. ok ok I have to speak to your mum now regarding this. *BIG GRIN*
Yeah, you definitely are lucky to have 4 wonderful bros (I counted two of them as one. lolz!). Your bros are of course the closest cousins of mine from dad's side, because of the obvious reason that all our other cousins are 40+ older than us. haha! But I still can't laugh at you claiming you're not spoilt. Bwahahahaha!
Seriously, you have three really lucky nieces. They are growing up in such a wonderful household. And if all of you get married anyway, there will always be the forever bachelor u Siamliana to take care of them. lolz.
@Tetea: felfeli poh i lo hriat ka lo ring lova :D
@RitaZoye:Thank ya.. im sure ull make a good aunty :-)
@Rinoma: Tuka hlau kha mo.. ni chiang e..lolzzz, mahse tunah chuan a hre toh lo ang
@Priscilla: We cant wait for you to come home!
@ice-man:u'l meet them once u start learning to get out of ur crib :-)
@illusionaire: I knew u were going to say something about the 'Not Spoilt' part. Gotcha! hahaha.. psstt.. U siama..find him one will ya? hihihihi
Just adorable! :-)
@Joseph L: yes..they are :-) sometimes i wish they would'nt grow up..
"And I am teaching her now how to say ‘alo nih tak chu’"
Parenting - EPIC FAIL
Velh an chakawm khop mai
@OpaHmar: "velh an chakawm khop mai" Parenting - EPIC FAIL :-)
einch... a tih ang chiah in "EPIC FAIL" a rawn ti ve tran tawh!
Their future relationship? EPIC FAIL!
Ps. Blog Directory ka update tawh... ehems...
@illusionaire: PS check out my new post
"Their future relationship? EPIC FAIL!"
Prediction- Epic Win???
Just toooo cute! Didini's language is so creative.
@mesjay: yes, they are full of surprises everyday. thanks so much for visiting
I trahbelh tih chu i puang ta nge2 maw..
naupang hi thinthra viau e ti lo hian ka ngaih vaklo a,mahse tawng thiam tran tir hi chu an nuihzatthlak. Ka cousin pawh zinga chhum zing chuk a en vung2 a ..'vawin chu Kua a va ku ve' ti ve ringot... youth Icon leh spelling Bee a hriatpolh a, phur chang apiangin "spelling Bee Icon" ah ka tel dawn ti ve chhen bawk.
@Edward: Vawin i kua a ku ve em? hehe.. kan naute te poh an nuihzatthlak thei bon top.. tunlai phei chu "star" an sawi ve tan ngei tawh lehnghal.. feli, class 1, dindini kg-1.. just imagine..hahaha
Sangha ruh - a perek... hehehe
Post a Comment