claire

a disclosure

6. Forever and for always – Shania Twain

Shania has always been my favourite artist. Right from “you’re still the one” to “from this moment on” to “when” to “man! I feel like a woman” to ‘ka ching” to this:).

This brought tears to my eyes coz the lyrics synched with the video so perfectly! And seeing the couple looking so happy together..sigh! What more could you ask for than to grow old with the love of your life….?



7. Lover's moon - Glenn Frey

Oh well, this was a long time ago. It was a long distance relationship. So.. i cried, so..Its obvious..:). It didn’t work out anyways. He is now happily married with an adorable son, and I am now happily single with three beautiful neices.I know what you’re thinking! I accept both cash and credit cards. No coins please! :)


Here’s the lyrics.

There's lover's moon tonight

As I look back over my shoulder
All the stars are shining bright
Just like the nights when I used to hold her
She's out there somewhere under the lover's moon

Lover's moon, won't you shine on me?
I'm dancing with a memory
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have one last chance to hold her tight
Waiting, I know she's waiting
I know she waits for me under the lover's moon.

There's a lover's moon tonight
Shining down on half of this world
So many souls are in it's light
But for me there is just one girl

And she's waiting, I know she's waiting
I know she waits for me under the lover's moon


8. Jesus take the wheel – Carrie Underwood

The old couple in this video..they are so cute together! It gives me goose-bumps when the wrinkled hand of the granny touched the wrinkled hand of the grandpa, and when he kissed her? sniff sniff sniff..:)

And the lyrics.. so inspiring!


9. Amneris Letter – Shania Twain

Have you ever felt that you’re not perfect enough no matter how hard you try? Ever felt that you should have said something, but you’re pride pulls you back from saying it? Ever said something that you regret? This song has got it all. Short and sweet, but very meaningful. One of my friend sent this song to me 2 years back, coz he liked it so much. And I love it till today! The music is by Elton John, Lyrics by Tim Rice.


here's the lyrics:

I'm sorry for everything I've said
And for anything I forgot to say too
When things get so complicated
I stumble, at best, muddle through
I wish that our lives could be simple
I don't want the world, only you
I wish I could tell you this face to face
But there's never the time, never the place
So this letter will have to do

I love you


10. Someone’s watching over me – Hillary Duff

An OST of the movie “Raise Your Voice”. I still remember watching this. It was a hot “Summer of 07” in Chennai. It seemed to be hotter when some of our friends/friend having long hair joined us all the way from bangalore ;-) I had to stay back coz of my studies, and most of my friends went home for the holiday.


Burma bazaar was one the places we visited the most, coz we were so jobless. It’s a place where they sell pirated stuffs. And oh, I googled burma bazaar and this is what I found.


“Chennai is one of the important trade centers of south India and is a good place to shop for a large variety of things. One of the famous shopping places is Burma Bazaar, where one can find all sorts of imported goods ranging from electronic gadgets to readymade and perfumes. Trading in almost all kinds of goods from plastic goods to textiles and stationery, and from ready-made garments to household items can be had here for reasonable prices. There are many new shopping complexes that offer a large range of shopping to be done under a single roof, have come all over the Burma Bazaar. This is shoppers' paradise”.


A shopper’s paradise indeed!:-)


Anyways, getting back to my story… I have this one friend..uhmm.. “King of Burma Bazaar” (he’s so gonna kill me when he reads this..hahaha). He’s good in bargaining, he buys and sells things, and he makes friends with the salesmen :). It’s his talent. LOL. Well we went and bought lots of dvd’s to watch. And this one came along with a collection of movies of Hillary duff. And we watched it with a few of our other friends, I cried.. a lot. Thank God the light was switched off. hehe.. and I love this song since then. An assurance that some one’s watching over me from up above..

16 comments:

long hair from "Banglaore" maw? ka hre mai keichu.
Shania Twain hla thu te khi ka van duh ve mawle. min lo pe. :P

@Mos-a, pe rawh u tichuan pekin in om ang. enge min pek ve ang? :)

long haired guy from bangalore kinda rings a bell
"It didn’t work out anyways. He is now happily married with an adorable son" - epic fail(if u r like...duh! google it)
Carrie's hit inspired me also...almost mit-tling-puau at times
But the best tear-jerker of a song i know(actually 2)- The Lightning Express by the Everly Brothers and Dont cry Joni by Conway Twitty

@OpaHmar, call it wateva u want, his loss, my gain..lolzzz..
hmm.. i should download those two songs.
i know "dont cry daddy" by elvis presley, and whenever i listened to it (when i was a kid) dad used to pretend that he was crying..haha. i just remembered.
@Mos-a, after i changed my theme, i saw my mistake..LOL.. thanks.. it has been corrected

Chennai lam i va ziak thuk nasa bik ve... mi an awm a mi? mawh mawh? An awm a mi?

@illusionaire, om e.. tambie te, macha te, machi te, anna te, akka te.. an ngaihom hlom tak2 a ni :)

Ril takin hla ka lo la ngai thla ngai lo (Makes me thinkin though).. tin, hetiang hian a lo ril thei ang tih ngaihna poh ka lo la ce lo... Very insightful..

update update enge kan duh, kan duh lo

@Rita Zoye, sometimes a song just says it for you :)
@OpaHmar, kan duh kan duh lo :D

Blog i nei tih ka lo hre lo re re :) I la tuihnang phian zui lehnghal a, guddd :)

Ka lo visit ziah ang, RSS subscribe nghal hmaks.

@codeAries.. thank u so much! :)

i van trap rei tawh ka nau.... nge a comment tu te zinga mi pakhat vang hian trah chhana i nei deuh a mi????

@illusionaire, pawt2 lo khan lo leng vat2 teh!

Tu emawni te te chanchin min hrilh leh teuh palh ang, ka peih tawh looo :D

Ah! Burma Bazaar, that iconic stretch of a road-side bazaar...who can forget those "allo brader vat muvi you vant?" or that "dat iz 200 rupees it cheems" i remember this one time when me and a couple of friends were passing by (i wore a earing clip then..was sum kinda grunge thing) and this one guy walks upto me an says "brader vant gay muvi a?" hahaha. as for your choice of songs my sweet-one you seem to have fallen in and out of love quite often 'and i tawt i vas the wonly wan' hehehe. seriously we do seem to share the same interest in song choice....again "great minds think alike" u savvy? ;) cheers darlin

@ice-man: bradar, can u tell me again why you were wearing the earing clip? :) yes yes.. great minds do think alike..hehe