I had a chat with one friend
when we came up with a random topic, the bicycle :-). We both agreed that it
had been so useful for us; and it takes us to places without polluting the air. We found it amazing that there was such a person who discovered the balancing
capability of a human being. We considered him a “genius” :-)
![]() |
| thats me! Me! Me! Meme :D |
I remember back in the
days, when I was a clumsy kid and a very slow learner. Bro Sangtea taught me
how to ride. He would push me from behind. Everything would be fine until he
says “Ok, I’m letting go”. I’d be automatically out of control. A bruise here
and there was the consequence. So he had
to trick me, saying he’s right behind while I was actually riding all by
myself. We used to play a lot during school holidays at my late uncle’s yard
coz it was the only available plain area nearby. And since we don’t own a big
yard and could not visit uncle’s place every time, my bicycle days were over and
I could not put it back into practice when school started and bros had to leave
home for their education.
There was once when we
visited Prissy’s place in Lunglei. They had a big playground at her dad’s
quarter, so I relearned cycling. I still remember our happy faces when small
aunty (Nutei) would take us for a “Tawlailir Ride” and we would laugh and
scream our lungs out. Niece and blogger Amelia was 3 years old that time. She was
the cutest baby ever and the first baby within the family circle after 9 years
or so. Everyone loved her. Now I wonder how she could travel such a distance
only at the age of 3! We left Lunglei with lingering memories. Memories of our first adult joke ‘nu nu nu, pa pa pa” which only Prissy and George would
remember (hehe) told to us by a funny cousin of theirs, while all our parents were
away on a one day trip to the next
village for a Tombstone laying ceremony of a deceased Uncle. When we got back
to Aizawl, my cycling experience stopped, again.
May 2009, after pleading,
begging, crying for a scooty, Dad finally agreed that we buy one for me. Yes,
me me me! :-) He had to think it over for 6 months whether I’d be able to ride
it safely to the University and back. I was giving up already when he finally made
up his mind. There were many colours to choose from, but I chose “purple”. Why?
“Because it’s my favourite colour”. Any other reason? No!! Well actually (cough)
Yes. “Because it looks girly, so my brothers will not take it out often”. But do
they care about the colour? Nooooo! Bro Chhuanawma owns a Royal Enfield but he
rides my scooty :D. As a matter of fact, all brothers use it; some use it as a
“complete family scooty”, with wife and two kids. Hah! Plan failed. Anyways,
bro Sangtea taught me how to ride, all over again. But, no bruises this time. Back to balancing. Yay!
Last December, I arrived
here in IITG. As described earlier, the campus is BIG! My stay here was thought to be for a shorter duration, so I didn't think about getting a cycle. A mizo friend was kind
enough to lend me one since he has two. So yes, back to cycling. It takes approx
20 minutes to reach the lab from the hostel by walk. So it had served me well until last Saturday, the owner wants it back because his cycle was
stolen. It’s been three days now, I'm surviving without it. But it's absence is actually doing me
good. I reach the lab earlier than before, and I walk, 20 (morning) + 20 (back
to hostel for lunch) + 20 (back to lab) + 20 (night) = 80 minutes a day,
without the need of a separate exercise (hehe). My friend has a cycle lying
unused because she doesn’t know how to ride. She said I can use it if I want
to, but I think, I don’t want to. Let me walk 80 minutes a day, maybe these
calories will burn. Burn, you calories! BURN !! :D
I want to ride my bicycle, or maybe not.
Tata!



11 comments:
:)) lunglei trip.. i remember bits and bits of it!!!
I think you'd burn more calories cycling than walking. Mahse ka hrelau. I walk everyday mahse all Im getting is a healthy appetite and ruined shoes :(
Cycle ka khalhve thiam chaaaaak :'( Kutkhing khat chauha khalha, lehlama nihliap ken.
There is much simpler and healthier way of burning calories. *if you know what i mean*
*much much more calories in a matter of minutes. :-)
@amelia: I remember you were a pretty good talker/singer. You were on your grandma's lap and you sang the whole journey back with your cutest version of "zingah sava ten" :)
@ku2: I've been trying hard for that one hand cycling, but no luck yet. Almost ran into a lake once :D. so options are : cycle and wear full sleeves (in this hot hot weather) or walk with an umbrella and wear short sleeves :)
@Joseph: I don't know what you mean *innocent face* :)
Mimi: you always have such a vivid memory of our childhood and it is always such a good reminder...such wonderful memories. Lunglei was a place where i learnt so much... and oh the 'nu nu nu papapa........' was hilarious...... that was the first non veg joke we heard i think :p
AMelia was so small and i dont remember much of her visit though :) sorry dear.
our tawlailir ride was so much fun, remmebr we fell off from that gate section riding down to our house ......
im gonna be on a nostalgic mood tonight
@Priscilla: "non-veg" yes. Why couldn't I think of that word earlier? :P
Amelia's gonna be embarrassed but I gotta tell this. She had to "poo poo" but she couldn't so we all helped her and shouted "eih eich eih" and some of us were like "sang rawh sang rawh!". LMAO! sory Diks :) But you were so cute when you did that :D
hahaha...i va fit dawn ve ooo..biang pawh a thep sawt dawn nih chu
@didini: hahaha, thep sawt2, dul pawh a thep :D Thanks for visiting
For sale. Slightly used cycle. Great condition. Black color. Only Rs.1500. Contact seller...
@The Chhamanator: why do you want to sell it when you actually need it? Important question. :D Either its not in such a great condition, or you have stolen one from somewhere :P
Post a Comment