I know I’ve let you down
I know I’m not the perfect girl for you
But I know you love me for me
You love me just as I am
You love me even though I’m not good enough
You love me not because of my looks
You love me even when I’m in my Pj’s
I’m sorry for testing your patience
I’m sorry for hanging up the phone on you
I’m sorry for being too proud at times
I’m sorry for making you cry
You make me feel beautiful everyday
You make me want to become a better person
You make me realise the love of God
You make me what I am today
I wish I could remember the day we first met
I wish I could recall that first day you held me in your arms
I wish I’d not taken you for granted
I wish I could turn back time
Thank you for being there when I needed someone
Thank you for giving me hope when I felt like giving up
Thank you for laughing at my jokes
Thank you for your appreciation
I love you for all these and more
I love you with all my heart
I love you for who you are
I love you Mom, I always have, and I always will

41 comments:
Who's that lucky guy? kan lo ti hman tep a. Ziak tha thei hle mai! Nute hlut zia min hriatchhuah nawn tir rum rum mai lawm.
Ka lehkha zir lai khan kanu hian a awmzia hre ve miah loin, ka tlaivar leh ka bulah thingpui sen hang nen min lo tlaivar pui ve thak thak thin! Ka nu ka ngai :P
@VaiVa: hehe..thanks. The irony of this post is that i've been meaning to update my blog, but was totally blank. Until that morning, i had a small arguement with her, and i was a little angry. Went to my room, and these thoughts came rushing thru my head. Really funny how the mind works at times.
Keipoh artui te, maggi te min chhum sak thin exam laiin, coffee te min lum sak a,i just love her.
thakher mai,thu i thiam reuh zek hi mawle,,Hrahsel nula hehe..
makes me love your Mom too...
Moms are the best!!!!!
@Anonymous: Van ti lawmawm em em! Hrahsel i ni ve tho ami? hehehe
@Rita Zoye: That's so true! What would we do without 'em.
Nice poem :-)
@illisionaire: is it a poem?:-)
BTW, mi blog ah min kap ziah zuh. Sual thei ltk! :-p
Like vaiva said.. Eh eh! ka lo ti hman a.. but then the curiosity in me had asked me to scroll down to the bottom before I read all and its a poem dedicated to your Mom! YOur mom should be so proud of you :)
Nice poem, subscribed to your feeds :P
nice...
Moms are the greatest!!
dek nalh si ve......
Nu te hi chu an lo hlu ber e!!!
@mnowluck: wow! that's an honour. thanks..
Spoilsport! Why did you scroll down?? hehehe..
@nancy: I'm gonna find a guy who'll love me as much ;-). An vang ang chu! hehe
@wonderboy: Ka lawm e :-). And thank you for dropping by..
Though we've never met, I've been your fan ever since you became famous(?). I'm more of your fan now that you have taken up journalism (you may now have an inkling of what I do and who I am). Having said that, I really like your 'I love you' because it is a tribute to your mom. I lost my mom five years ago and my greatest regret today is that I never really told her how I love her. Put a tune to your piece, possibly country style and I bet you have a hit on your hands..... and thanks for the beautiful music you have given to us.
hehe Pu DMT, this' my sis, cousin sister and my dearest from dad's side of the family. She really writes well, doesn't she? And she can soar so much higher with your guidance.
Well, I don't know, illus. I'm from the old school and I'm not sure what they are teaching in journalism now. However, I'm always ready to help anyone if I am capable of doing it. (Actually, I'm so helpful that I have a habit of promising more than I can undertake, really!!)
Hey, I made a boohoo... mistook the girl for the Renthlei one. Anyway, I still love the poem (?) cause it is a beautiful message to a mother. Y'know, even fathers love mothers (wife). In kan thlen chiah hian nupuite an awm loh chuan fate hnenah "Khawnge i nu?" kan ti ve tho!! Nute hi an lo ngaihawm ber a nih hi (hehehe)
lolz. But this one does have potential too. I am sure she is ready to be guided by a veteran like you.
Anyway, which Renthlei girl are you talking about? I know many budding Mizo girl bloggers whose writings amaze me, but I don't know them as Renthlei. Min lo hrilh plz.
And speaking of journalist, do check out my friend (ka "kid", mizo tih dan takah) Adam Halliday. Pu Halliday-a fapa >> Sotryteller. He just got into Indian Express after graduating from Asia School of Journalism in Chennai recently, and is currently posted in Gujarat.
@Pu David: Thank you Thank you Thank you!! :-) (Mimi jumps up and down, runs around in her room, looks at herself in the mirror, comes back to read the comments again, and cannot stop smiling, is STILL smiling as she types this..hehehe)
It is such an honour You liking my poem(?). I never thought it could be considered as a poem, and yeah, if we put a tune to it, would have been cool.. great suggestion!
I'd be really happy if you could guide me. See, to be frank, I hardly read books, esp novels, I don't remember finishing one. I have a lot going through my head, and always wished that I could put it out in beautiful words, but can't yet. So, any suggestion from you would be really appreciated. Would rather be a famous writer, than a beauty queen :-P
And talking about saying 'I love you' to moms, I haven't told her yet, face to face. I have told her through sms and letters while i was away from home, but it's so difficult to say it out loud, esp in our language (you know what i mean). I've always thought that its cool to have kids hear their parents telling that they love each other, and kids telling their parents that they love them. And i'm sure this will bond the family too. This is one thing we Mizo's have to learn i guess, i.e to be more expressive.
Now, you make me want to take up journalism :-) Thank you once again..
@illusionaire: Thank you bro.. And thanks for introducing me to the world of blogging. It's a whole new world out here, and quite a healthy habit too. I will become a great writer like you someday, I wont let you down :-) *hugs and kisses*
Lovely verse, lovely sentiment. The older/wiser we get, the more we realise our mothers' worth.
@Pu David: BTW, That Renthlei Journalist you were talking about, she came to my place just the other night. She's my brother's best friend's cousin. I'll make sure she gets your compliments,if she drops by again. Yup, she is a great singer/songwriter. And I think I should personally thank her for having a name like mine :-) After all, it brought you to read my blog.hehe
@mesjay: That is so true. Mom's are so special, they love us no matter how bad we are, no matter how much we disappoint them. It's their unconditional love which keeps us going. Too bad, there are still some who don't realise this. And sometimes, i hate myself for being selfish at times.
Journalism is a great way to contribute to the society in a much wider scope than being active in YMA or church activities. Glad you have become interested in the field. Hope to meet up with you one of these days.
The words'I Love You' is such strong words,I, being a bit on the 'shy' side gets a little embarrassed to say it.We recently celebrated our Anniversary at which we renewed our vows and exchanged an 'I Love You' and a
( light) kiss. This infront of the friends and families. Later one of the guests told us how important it is to affirm one's love infront of other people, which made the little embarassment all worthwhile. My wife, by the way is a Hrahsel. So, even if you dont make it as a poet,a journalist or a bio- technologist(?),I'm sure you will make a lovely wife.
hey hey.i finally got me-self time to read your poem....cho cho chweet hahahaha....any special reason for writing this or was it just one of those moments? by the way so who's your favourite? mom or dad?
Ni e, i nu nge i pa huai zawk???
@Pu David: If I happen to see you, I will come and introduce myself :-)
@dr.feelgood:Happy Anniversary to you and your lovely wife:-)
You exchanged vows again?? WOW!
You Said 'I love you' infront of everyone?? WOW!!
And a kiss? WOW!!!!! :-D
That is so Romantic and so Thoughtful and so Brave and and and...Sigh! Your wife must be one of the luckiest woman on earth to have someone like you, and you must be one of the luckiest man to marry a Hrahsel :-) Tell her I said 'Hi'. If my dad comes to know about her, I'm sure he'd be eager to trace back her ancestors, right from her great great great grandfathers..hehe. May God Bless you and your family.
@ice-man: Like I said in my first comment, I actually had a little arguement with her, was a little mad, but then i got these thoughts out of no where.
Fav? Well, i don't know, never thought of it that way. I'm just happy that I still have the two of them today, and I thank God for them everyday.
@OpaHmar: Kan naupan lai chuan "Kan chhungkua ah chuan Ka Pa a Lal ber a, Ka Nu a thu ber" kan ti thin. :-)
Lo ziak ril (deep) thiam ve tawh hle mai a, kan chhuang khawp mai/che
I u te
A mawi hle mai Bawihi. Ti zel rawh, kal zel rawh, chawl hauh suh. Literature khawvelah chuan ram ri a awm lova, Kawng tawp pawh a awm ve ngai lo asin. You remind me the days of the Past. when my tears burst for my departed family.
@Ka u te u: ka lawm e :-)
@Philip: Ka lawm lutuk ringawt. Hetia min lo hlut sak hian, min chawk phur a, kal zel duhna thinlung min pe.
I'm sorry about your family :-(
*hugs* *hugs* to your mom.. lol. Moms are strong, Moms are beautiful. They Rock \m/.
I see nice and beautiful lines up there, which only happens when you tried. You've tried and you've proved yourself again eh!! You write well, you amaze me, you're better in composition, you amaze me, yet again!!
joseph signing out...
Oh... Pu David-a comment ka hmu. Cigarette lei tura min tirh lai kha ka hrechhuak. hahaha
Ava nalh kauh2 ve ka nau te... nia nute hi chu an lo hlu ani.. A bikin Mizo mipa te hian nute naihsak ang a han awm te leh han duat vel te, kan hmangaihna han tih lan hi kan hreh thin a; a chhan bulpui ber chu PA loh hi kan hlauh vang hi ani chawk ani lawm ni lal-mi-te?
@Joseph: They definitely rock!
I amaze you? wow.. that amazed me :-D
Pu David-a kid I lo ni thin ani moooo.. hehe
@Jesse Saiawi: 'kauh2' hehe. PA lo in tih ai mahin, kan ti thang lo lutuk hi kan lai zo vek zawk niin ka hria, chin thanah neih a duhawm ka ti.
well sis, im so proud of you, yet again. You have a gift to love and that's whats so great about you. You are an inspiration!
@Priscilla: Thanks sis...
Mmmmmmmmm,mmmmmmmmmmmm :)
Tawhsual tawkin, hmuhsitawma kan awm chuan, mite chuan min hmusit a, min nuihsawh a, min dem a, min sel a, min melhrum a, min thinhrik thin. Eng ang pawhin awmin, dinhmun chhe berah pawh awm ila, Nute hi chuan min hmangaih reng a. Kan chan a chhiat lai ber leh, miten min hmuhsita min endawng lai pawhin, Nu hmangaihna chuan khawi hmunah pawh min zui zel a, min tawngtaisak a, min kalsan ve ngai lo.
Ka Nu hi zah ber tur a lo ni,
Ka nu, ka nu duhtak chu...
tih a nih kha.
Reminds me of my Mom. God I miss her so much and a Hi5 to you Mim for this is a wonderful piece. You knew how to put words together more than me a Literature student! You know I tried to write a beautiful poem but failed till now..maybe I should take some tips from you hehe..
@Zaia: Mmmmm mmmmmmm:-) Dik chiah! Nu hmangaihna hi chu a hlu ani tiraw.. ka blog i lo tlawh ve a, ka lawm e
@Jennifer: Tips from ME? hehe.. I know you're better. Write about what we used to talk about till 2am in the morning :-) I Miss those late night talks
I love you too :-P
very very nice, very nice indeed
Post a Comment