claire

a disclosure

It’s that time of the year again, when you just cannot predict the weather. One minute the sun would embrace you with its heat, and assure you that you could go hang your clothes to dry; and just when you’re done hanging them, the rain would pour without any warning, which will last for 15 minutes or so, and then you have to repeat the procedure all over again! I remember few years back, before any of my brothers got married, we always had clothes to dry almost everyday. This is apparent though, considering the fact that we are one BIG family. Someone would shout “It’s drizzling again!” and we’d run up the terrace to save our clothes from getting drenched. You just cannot sit in peace. God knows how many times we had to run up and down. Now, since I spend my daytime at work, I need not bother about how many clothes are being washed today and can finally enjoy the rain. Leave them to the ones staying at home :-D.


I love the sound of the rain. I love to watch the rain; with music softly playing in my ears, I can just go on dreaming. The other day, I caught sight of a splendid view. It was drizzling, and the mountains were fresh and green, with clouds resting on them. A view I always miss when away from home. Looking at it, I sighed and sighed.


August is the time when those so called Leo’s are born (the first part of the month and end of July of course). I have quite a few good friends with Leo sign, and one of my sisters-in-law is a Leo, and we are like best friends. Although when it comes to relationships, Mimi and a Leo guy is a no no, so far :-D. I don’t really believe in Horoscopes and Zodiac signs, but its fun when you pretend to believe it. There was one time when me and my friends had the habit of reading a horoscope from one Mizo magazine. It was actually called “HORRORSCOPE” where they wrote all kinds of funny things. And it so happened one day, that one of our friend went to the Deputy Commissioner’s office, and her HORRORSCOPE read “Vawinah DC office kawtah mi anglo angin I hawi vual vual dawn”. We literally rolled on the floor and laughed to tears. Lolzz..


Back in high school, August was the month where we had to go to A.R. Ground for Independence Day march past practice everyday, come rain or come shine. Oh yes, I was one of the National Cadet Corps members. It would always rain on the day. I remember watching the movie ‘Independence Day’ on Independence Day (15th August) at J.L. Cinema hall, right after our parade in the field. We were in uniform and our shoes were filled with mud. But we enjoyed the show. Sigh! Those were the days. Speaking of august and a movie, I love the movie ‘August Rush’.


August is personally a remarkable month for me. It was the month when I got my first kiss :-). Now I can see you grinning. No, I’m not going to reveal the date and year. If I do, my friends out there can surely track who the guy is. And he does’nt even know that he was the first. *GRIN* End of story for this one. Hehe..


And in Mizo tradition, I heard that it is forbidden to get married in August. Some thing to do with the rain? Can any one fill me the details with this one? What’s the particular reason behind? I can ask mom and dad, but it will be interesting to know from someone out there too. I know a family friend getting married next week! Should I warn them?? hehe

34 comments:

Hihihi.....

I don't believe in Horrorscope either, yet if you know someone's sign you can predict a few of their nature... them though not all..
Though some would want to differ, here's what I've observed

1. Aquarius- Predictable unpredictable, unpredictably predictable .. I've had 3 roomies till date who are aquarius and they bear the same trends

2. Aries- Stern...

3. Cancerian : Can be very caring yet very cruel and stubborn most of the time.. <-- that's me.. hahaha. You know wot, 3 stubborn once were roomies in Delhi, only God knows what.. LOL! :P

I just can't figure out why I just can't get along with a Capricorn guy or girl most of the time and blend perfectly with the LEO's most of the time (in contrary to yours) LOL!. Two of my once sweet ones, happens to be of the LEO sign, luckily or unluckily , the girl I love the most happens to have the same sign as me.. the stubborn one :P

A friend of mine sunsign happens to be Capricorn and everytime there's something we need to debate over, we were the ones to screw each other even on small issues .. hahaha

(I've added the Though not all of them up there so this can't be generalised :P)


And weinch! about the kiss.. reminds me of a line from Nickelback's- Photograph lyrics "Kim's the first girl I kiss " :P. Psst ! Hehe.. a nice read

Ka chunga comment tu hian avan comment thui em em :-)

JL Cinema Hall te i rawn sawia lung i ti leng dawn a lawm le. Ka en vak ngai lo na chu ! :-)

August Rush kha keipawh hmuhnawm ka ti khawp mai.

Ummmm...In fawh hmasak ber thla :-)Engtinnnge in kiss hi a awm? A tlum deuh dep ami :-P

August thla, thla serh an tihna chhan ni a ka hriat chu. Kum khat chhunga khaw nawm loh ber thla leh boruak hnawn lai anih vang ni deuh maiin ka hria a.

Sigh!!!!... You bring back the memories. I was in Girl Guides - We won the independence day parade for three consecutive years. The first year we received a naughty boy shoe from the govt... u can imagine why :D.


@ Mnowluck: I am Aquarius...hehehehe

Nice post again.. i giggle the whole way down scrolling your post. :-) About that 'horrorscope', it was from the magazine Lei Hringnun where my fav column is "Belhchian dawl lo". The magazine doesn't run anymore. My favourite horrorscope lines were "Vawiin tlaiah vai chhangkawtin a hnek dawn che", "Pressure cooker i ham puar pup duh hmel", "I hnar a lian thut dawn" etc. lol, horrorscope was the best.

I was in Boy Scout, never joined NCC. Being the only reason that NCC teacher Sir KJ was expelled from school by the MZP back in 2002.

August being just another month, have nothing special in my life. And I can't answer any of your questions. hehhhe.

Hey, you are frank! i like :-) Kiss... hmm... I'm Aries

@mnowluck: I'm Capricorn and my cousin sis is Cancer, we get along just fine :-)

Here's my own observation about some zodiac signs.

Aquaruis: They's go to the ends of the earth for you, really reliable.

Libra: loyal

Virgo: Soft hearted babies :-)

Taurus: Good sense of humour, honest.

Gemini: Two faces,two minds. Either you encounter with the good or the bad.

Pisces: I always end up argiung with Piscean guys over small things, but no hard feelings though

Capricorn: My soulmate's supposed to be a Capricorn guy, Honest and Faithful. Where art thou my soulmate? hehe

Aries: Helpful

oops.. above comment aquarius: *they'd

@Sekibuhchhuak: Ni e, a comment thui viau nanga, horoscope zawng2 rawn sawi se ka ti asin mawle.. :-)

J.L Cinema hall ah chuan kan en hrat thei rap, saturday extra class banah school uniform nen kan en thin. Thian thenkhat ten a chhungah tiffin te an ei a. Kan Zirtirtu ten vawi khat chu min man a, brick kan thiar thram2..ngaihawm tawp.

First Kiss maw? hush hush.. engmah ka sawi dawn lo :-P

@Rita Zoye: Yup, winning was the best part. I don't remember how many consecutive times we won, both on Republic day and Independence day.

@JosephL: Thank you. That magazine does not run anymore? :-( "I hnar a lian thut dawn" lolzzzz..

For Boy Scouts, I think Sir Joseph (not K.j, the mizo one) and Miss Siami were in charge during our time.

"Hey, you are frank! i like :-) Kiss... hmm..." I thought you were kissing me. lol..

Ruahsur leh nisa inchhawk seka puan pho / seng reng2 a inchung tlanchhoh sek - ninawm tak ani, clip phelh chhungin kan huh vek hman a, inchhung kan thlengthla kan indah fel chiah tihah ruah a sur tawp leh a, kan inkhai chho leh a...

August thla hi Mizo tawng chuan Thitin thla ania,(mithi ten khawvel an chhuahsan hun?)Kha, nupa te thawnthu kha, a nupui a thi a, chuan an pa chuan a mumangah a hmu a, eitur min lo dahsak rawh a lo tia, a pasal zawkin eitur a dahsak thin kha. An hming ka theihnghilh daih.

here are some of my thoughts:
1. I don't necessarily have a fervent believe in Horoscope, maybe in Horrorscope. LOL, but i think there can be relevant aspect to life in itself cause when u actually think about it, the 3 wise men followed the bright shining star to see where our Savior laid on the manger.
2. I love August Rush
3. Now u make me think the 'First Guy' was....thinking....thinking...thinking i kinda have a guess on this guy hm if i had been informed of all the guys in ur life (hehehehe).

August thla (thi tin thla) a inneih hi a tha lo, nupa tang then a thleng duh an ti! Puithuna atthlak a nih mai bakah, Kristian kan nih tawh chuan kan kalsan tur a ni.

Presbyterian kohhran thurinah phei chuan a awm thlap kha, puithuna atthlak chungchang hi. Senior dept. a kan awm laiin Naupang Sunde Sikul khawmpuiah kan sawi thin :D

usually, august is a month when young girls get their first kiss and get romantic and as a result unrealistic. with this state of mind, and with the constant drizzle and changes of weather in single day, one cannot think straight and could end up tying the knot with someone they hardly know and regret their decision for the rest of their lives, sooooo, it doesn't augur well for those who marry...may be. may be not. i dunno. don't rush things in august. nice read!

@aduhi: Ninawm ve chiangkuang alawm. Kan han pho diam a, ral lehlam a tlang kan han en vang vang a, ruah rawn sur phei buan2 kan hmuh chuan kan han seng leh a, kan in atang phei chuan 'reiek' tlang atanga ruah a rawn sur phei tawh hi chuan, kan veng hi chu a rawn thleng ngei ngei. Ngaizel lama a sur hi chuan min hel thin. Che phakar ve thei khawp asin, ruah pawh hi. hehe

Nia, thawnthu base deuh chu aniin ka hria keipawh, inneih phal loh tih kha chu. Ka chiang lo khawp mai.

BTW, OT, I found that book :-)

@Priscilla: Yes sis,you have been informed everything :-D. If you still keep the letters that I've sent you, then you might get a big clue.

@codeAries: Puithuna atthlak chu ani ngei mai, mahse han ngaihtuah chiang ve mah teh, tun thlengin August a inneih hi chu an vang asin, 'emergency' tih loh hi chu :-D

@incognito: LOL..LOL..LOL..Ka nui nasa lutuk! And so creative I must say. You've combined all my passages and answered my question in just one para. wow! I'm impressed. I think its best not to rush on anything. Thank you for dropping by.

hey,i really like your post.in my case i'll have to do the drying exercise,iron it at night,dry the next day,go to tanhril to do the vortexing with all those ugly tubes,come home to see all the clothes wet.its a real disaster when none of ur underwear gets dry.bah!!!!!i dont like being the chhungpuipa,and u know what?i hate the rainy days coz i have to spend those beautiful romantic days ALONE.

My favourite 'rain song' is Rain by Jose Feliciano, I find it rally romantic and quirky at the same time. The bridge goes some thing like,
'Its raining,its pouring
The old man is snoring
Went to bed and he bumped his head
He couldn't get up in the morning'
Nice post girl, keep it up.

hmmm Horoscope...once again I'm forced to belch out from my fav TV show The big bang theory's ever cynical Sheldon Cooper's explanation of it....“Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun’s apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.”

Taurus: Good sense of humour, honest....whoever came up with this piece of *(^&%&%

@zizi: Thank you dear, I know you mean it coz I could hear your giggle while reading, since you sat right next to me yesterday. I felt proud. hehe. I think its best not to leave clothes outside these days. Of the late, you've become a "vortex girl" hehe. Don't complain dear. You'll get your reward for hardwork :-)

@dr.feelgood: ahh.. its raining its pouring, kids song right? I listened to Jose Feliciano's version from you tube just now. Nice:-). Thank you for visiting and putting your comments every time. I really really really appreciate it.

@OpaHmar: Big Bang Theory guy, so do you believe in HORRORSCOPE then? :-)

Taurus: Good sense of humour (still), Honest (still) and full of &**^%$^&*%^$ (new addition..hehehehe)

August, since it is very rainy, is considered taboo for marriage by our forefathers. Why? Because a bride should not slip and fall down while going to her new husband's home. If a bride slips and falls down, it is considered to be a very bad omen for the marriage.

I had to postpone my marriage for one month too because of this 'thlaserh'! I had to wait for September 15 (that was way back in 1976) and boy, was that a long wait (at that time anyway)!

Independence Day movie i sawi takah chuan kha JL Cinema Hall-ah khan a vawikhatna leh a tawpnan zirtawp ni sikul kan tlanbo ve raih. Kan tlai zui a, kan ti ti lut ve bawrh bawrh a. Interval-ah light a rawn eng a, kan thutna hnung chiahah hian kan zirtirtu pakhat hi a lo thu kur mai maw le.

@Pu David: That is quite informative. Thanks. Well, I guess it was worth the wait after all right? coz next month you will be celebrating your 33rd anniversary (if i'm not mistaken) :-)

@VaiVa: hahaha.. a va mak duh awm ve. Nuihzatthlak si, nui ngam si lo ang velin in awm duh hmel :-). Keini chu "My best friend's Wedding" kan en pawn, a hnuah, school ah, kan sir in "So who all went to their best friend's wedding?" a rawn ti. Kan ticket la tur lai min lo hmu reng ani awm e. hehe

nice post.. never believe in Horoscope but i like the way they predict, well sometimes naturally it comes true like you said... “Vawinah DC office kawtah mi anglo angin I hawi vual vual dawn,”.. i really love this post, i burst out laughing!!!

And about Thlaserh.. Its true what David M. Thangliana said.(teh duah a, a hming hi a sei, ka inthlahrung!!) They even cancel the wedding if the bride accidentally falls, that's the reason why they used to have Lawichal. (to protect the bride)

@Varte: thankss :-) It feels great when someone actually laughs at what you say/write.

Lawichal..ahh yes.. very informative, keep it coming :-)

this - I love the sound of the rain. I love to watch the rain; with music softly playing in my ears, I can just go on dreaming. The other day, I caught sight of a splendid view. It was drizzling, and the mountains were fresh and green, with clouds resting on them. A view I always miss when away from home. Looking at it, I sighed and sighed.

i didnt read the rest. khi lai te khi keipawh mizoram ka ngaihtuah chuan hemi "vision" hi ka mitthla thin.

e chuan keichu NCC ah ka tel loo mahse Skout and Guides ah ka tel lai chuan kan marpat ve thin.

chuan ih.. yes we won't get married in August then.

huan ih.. yes we won't get married in August then.

clarification - i didnt mean you and me. that other girl .

i hmel hi a NCC ka lo ti rengah.

Bialpa nen a thut dun lai in, in la romantic tawkin... "Parade... teeno teen mein baiye chalega, baye murh!" i tih thut duh hmel...

chhum hi han zing mup2 se, ruah han sur buan2 bok ce, inah awm ila film hmuhnawm tawk en ngei bawk ila a van nuam tak!!

HORRORSCOPE kha chu Pu tluante hnamte chanchinbu 'Lei Hringnun' a mi kha a nia mahse a nei tupa hian min boral san tak avang in an chhuak tawh lo a, ka ui khawp mai. ka chhiar ngei2!!

august thla ainneih hi hmanlai kan pi leh pu ten mitthi thlarau pialral a an kal hun a nih avang te a ni tho bawk awm e, a chung a an sawi bak ah khian.

i am an aquarian, i'll go to the end of the world for somebody....SO??? lolzz...

btw, nice ang great thought, humorus too!!

well...i must admit..i really dig mimi's blog...stirred a nostalgic memories within....

@Mos-a: hehehe.. i was like "who? me?" then i read the clarification, phew! :-D. Must be "that" girl.. :-) :-) :-)

@illusionaire: ahhhh..finally, my brother has come to his senses and remembers his lil sis after a long time. But I do understand bro, change in "relationship status" is really something big.hehe

@wonderboy: ruah sur mai bakah khua hi han thim deuh hlek bawk se (chhun ah anih chuan), thingpui/coffee sa tawk han in bawk ila :-)

Pu Tluangtea Hnamte chu ka hre leh si, kan thianpa pa alawm, a ccbu ani tih ka lo theihnghilh leh tawh a

A lawmawm e, kan beng a var phah zel a.

Aquarian guys hi chu ka hre chiah lo, was talkin 'bout my Aquarian Girl friends, an fel thei lutuk a. Hope the guys have the same potentialities :-)

@Francis: Really? :-) :-) thank you, thank you so much.

JL cinema hall....lung a ti leng bon,a film lam ai mah in 'cinema en' ber mai kha a ni,a film lam chu engpawh ni rawh se,a van nuam thin...mahse thianghlim takin nuam kan van ti thin tak em!!!!

Lal-Mi-te, lung iva ti leng ve.. Keini pawh i sawi hunlai vel chuan Independence Day Parade zawhah 'Independence Day' chu kan thian za hovin J.L.Cinema Hall ah kan en ve nghal asin....

Thil pakhat ka hriat ve dan mai2 ah chuan August thla a kan pi leh pute an inneih duh loh chhan kha chu..khang hunlai khan mo a lawi zanah khan tlangval leh midang2 khan an lo ti buai thin a a kalkawng ah khan,a chang leh chirh te an lo theh thin a..Chu Mo lawi tur chu kawng laka atlu emaw a che sual emaw anih chuan an kir leh emaw achang phei chuan Inneih te an thulh phah hial thin a..Chumi achhapah August thla hi chuan i hriat angin ruah atla nasa in khua adiak a,a nal tlangpui a,an che sual duh chawk...Chu2 an hlau ni berin alang..Nangpawh i tawlhthlu fo lo maw???? HEHEEEE..

Horrorscope--such a good laugh, i really like that though i don't believe in Horoscope:)

What you wrote about August erratic weather is proving so right.It's hard to decide what to wear for the day.

@Anonymous: ni e, khang hunlai kha a ngaihawm ngawt mai

@Jesse Saiawi: Ka blog i lo tlawh leh avangin ka lawm e :-)Hmanniah step nal deuh a ka tawlh thlu tep, mahse ka in veng hman.hehe

@mesjay:Yes, so true. These days i spent atleast 5 minutes infront of my wardrobe deciding whether to wear a sweater or not

And it so happened one day, that one of our friend went to the District Council’s office, and her HORRORSCOPE read “Vawinah DC office kawtah mi anglo angin I hawi vual vual dawn”. We literally rolled on the floor and laughed to tears. Lolzz..


Hmmmmm khawilai district council office ah nge i thiannu/pa chu a va kal a... Aizawlah district council office a awm ka va hrelo ve. In SCOPE bu in DC office a tih chu Deputy Commissioner office khi a nih hmel siaa....

@Edward: thank you so much for making it known, I didn't realize it at all. Will rectify it right away