There you have it (:D)
Watcha thinkin? Lemme guess.
"Oh noe, the teeth!"
Hah. Gotcha!! :P
So, this time, I will be ranting about my very beautiful (not) teeth. A smile that will definitely not make it to dental ads, or wait, maybe it will make it in a Before and After poster, with the Before caption below. (haha)
Once upon a time, I was a very unhealthy little girl. I fell sick very often, and the main thing that bothered me was Asthma. I love sea food, especially crab, but I was allergic to it. It would bring out my asthma right away. I remember once, after eating fish, my breathing was blocked, and we had to run to the hospital. So, we used to visit a doctor, a very nice young lady, and she prescribed me tiny tablets to cure my asthma. All I could remember is, it was very small and very bitter. I don't know if that helped, but later, a kid, younger to me, eating the same pill lost all his teeth. His aunt called up my mom and told her to stop giving me those pills. They believed it was having some side effect.
Maybe they were right, because ever since I was small, my visits to the dentist was regular than any other kids. And as a person, I am very impatient when it comes to scratching itches and bruises. I was always very impatient with a new tooth growing too, so I used to push with my tongue every-time, hence it led to the (now) beautiful teeth arrangement :-) It was too late when I realized that the big film stars and artists I looked up to were all having good teeth. Braces was out of the question coz it was too late when we realized the usefulness of braces.
The only thing that looks odd now, is my canine tooth. Earlier, both canines on the left and right would merge out. I was teased a "Dracula" back then, mostly by my brothers, and I hated it. My only option was, to have it pulled out. But Mom's opinion on this is a NO NO. Whenever this topic comes up, she would narrate the whole story about a lady whose tooth was removed while mom was delivering my brother back in 1971. That lady was from a village, and she came all the way to city to have her tooth checked. She would visit my mom in her cabin. Later, mom came to learn that, that lady passed away due to too much blood loss while her tooth was removed. Sad. Ever since that incident, she is totally against removing of any un-loose tooth, no matter how great the knowledge and technology may be.
And so, I was left helpless with my Dracula teeth. Back then, if I smile, it will be without the teeth showing and I was always, always conscious. I was afraid to smile in pictures, afraid to talk with mouth wide open. Lately, I've come to observe that my right canine has aligned itself with the rest, and only the left canine is showing. So, I am now a half Dracula (haha). And its sad when my 2 year old niece would innocently ask "Anite, tinge i ha hi?" (Aunty, what has happened to your teeth?), I would reply with a sigh "A na a" (It's paining). On my wedding day (if there is any), the photographer would probably say "Smile" and I'd be like "Can't you see I'm smiling!!" with my mouth closed (:D)
I did a little searching, and guess what I found on a Facebook page.

I'm happy that I share the same feelings with the others, but still, the in-confident me whispered "At-least they've got nice smiles and properly arranged teeth". Ok, gotta rub this dispirited feeling off.
So, there you have it, my million dollar smile, not worth a penny to most people, but worth a million dollars and more to me :D

7 comments:
Mimi.....u look BEAUTIFUL!!And I think that Vampire tooth just adds to your cuteness!
For me you are one of the most beautiful women I've met. And you smile is just wonderful:) (biru nghal, Kiman min that palh ang)
@Ramya: hey, so nice of you to drop by (assuming its Ramya from TC, if not, still, so nice of you). Thanks for the compliment, muchly appreciated :)
@Sangkima: "We haven't met" tih ka tum uk a, then I remembered we met "Once" upon a time (hehe). Thanks :) Having big bros around is quite a disadvantage sometimes. hmph :P
Beautiful smile, nonetheless .
"MiMi The Vampire" with a cuty devilish evilish smile :P
That's why you and I are "Non-Veg". Hope that explains alot. Born carnivores.
@daniel: Thank you.. :)
@Adree: hehehehe, you are more evilish devilish :P :D
@Lal Joa: right! ;)
Post a Comment