claire

a disclosure

Of all the things we hear in our busy lives, death is something which always makes us pause and it takes that part of your thought away, for a moment, to quietly grief for the loss of a precious life. When you hear of someone's demise, it grabs you at the core of your heart. It could be someone you know, or a relative of a known person, or could be a tragic accident, like MST bus accident or the Twin tower attack, where that many people died, and you still grief for them, even if they are people you haven't met. If its someone you know, you start to think of the loved ones they've left behind, the life they led, you try to remember the last time you saw them or the last time you spoke. It could be a year back, or yesterday, or just today.

Mom called me up today, to break a shocking news. "U Mazualtei passed away this morning". "How is that possible?" I asked, she's just 40 and I didn't even know she was sick. Mom continued "She has been hospitalized and was in the ICU for some time, she died of brain TB". My heart broke. The first question that pops out in my mind was "Why her?". She's my cousin's wife, my cousin who had died of brain tumor few years back. And they have two kids, just teenagers, just so young. The thought of them growing up without parents pierced me. They are still too small, still too fragile. The news made me think about so many things, about life and how unpredictable we are.

I take a look at myself. God gave me parents till today, and yet I find reasons not to be content. Then I think of them, the many times they will question 'Why' to people, to God, and the very thought of them not receiving a satisfying answer breaks my heart more. The only answer would probably be "Only God knows why". They will watch their friends grow up with parents, there will be a day they see others wishing their own on Father's day and Mother's day, and they will question "Where is mine?" A day they will get into fights in schools and colleges, and doubts in their love lives, they will need some one to be on their side. I am asking the same thing they'd be asking, "God, Is it not enough that you've taken their father? Why the mother too?!" Even though they've got us aunts and uncles all over, we will never be able to replace their parent's place. Life is so unfair some times, but God knows what He's doing. Its just so hard to understand His plans.

I remember when my uncle (mom's bro) passed away a long time ago, niece and blogger Amelia was still in her diapers, 2 years old I think. After the funeral, the little one was staring at the sky for a long time, and finally shouted "A pu Hu" (Grandpa). That made uncle's wife very happy, she felt assured that he has gone to heaven and it was one of the things she spoke most about later in life. So the brighter side is, this place is just temporary and we will all go to reunite in heaven one day.

Some people die with long term diseases, and some lives are taken at the blink of an eye. The fact is, we are all going to die one day, with or without sickness. Where will you go after that? That depends on you, and how you've lived your life. The other question is, have you told someone how you feel about them? Have you shown your love to some one? I've realized lately, that talking about how good a person was, after they have gone doesn't really make sense. We should be able to tell them when they are alive. Telling some one how happy you are to have them in your life, "face to face" is something very difficult for me. But thanks to technology, I can at least tell my parents or brothers how much I love them by typing it out. 3rd Oct was my 2nd brother's birthday, I wished him and he replied "Good to have a great sis", something he wouldn't have told face to face, and it made me glad to know how he feels. Life is too short to hold your feelings. Let it out before its too late.

Leaving you with one of my favorite song - Temporary home by Carrie Underwood.

This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know
This is my temporary home










14 comments:

This is really touching Mimi.

Its really so heart touching, after I read your update I am feeling very sad, I miss my grandparents ........

"We're not home yet children
So keep your eyes on the savior
Just a few more days to labor
And we'll sit down beside the river
How we long to be with Jesus
And our loved ones gone before us
There's a better day a comin'
We're not home yet"

Tîk_____Coollllllllllll.

Touched me so much, sis. *hugz*

@planr genetic engineering: Thanks

@Miss Basu: You should know your lucky that you had the chance to spend time with them, I got to meet only my grandma (Dad's Mom)

@Dr.John: A song? Great words!

@mcsova: ehh, lo lang ve hlawl mai. Ka blog te i lo tlawh ve a, i ti lawmawm e :)

@Mizohican: *Hugzzzz* bro

touched :-(

dis post is soo touching!! kudoos!! it made me remember pu hu-a, who i havnt thot for a while, how good he was to me when i was little. i miss him :(

The colder weather and a bus window calls for nothing but thoughts about life. This time, your post made me think about life after a long time. Touching post and I'm so sorry to hear about the sad demise of a close one in the family. *hugs hugs*

@zakk_kima: :-(

@Amelia: I miss him too! He used to call me "Do re me me"

@Joseph: Thanks, *hugs* much appreciated

" For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole "

" He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds "

My condolences to the family and I am sorry for your loss ..

@Ajay: Muchly appreciated

Thihna hi chu e...

@Alejendro: niaaa