Googled my name out of boredom. With my full name, nothing much came out. With Mimi Hrahsel and Mimihrahsel, few things came up. Then when I googled 'Mimi', many interesting things came up, including funny pictures (hehe).Wikipedia says Mimi is a semi-rare European first name. And its the name of many actresses and singers. No wonder I'm so popular (hahaha). Now my friend Ice-man can stop mocking my lovely name. He keeps saying its Fish in Tamil. bleh! whatever. But I love fish! *grin*.
I still wonder how my folks ever came up with this nick. My late uncle used to call me 'do re me me'. When I started high school, I was surprised to find many of the girls having 'Mimi' as their first name. To me, its just a nick, not even official. When I went outside the state for college, thats when I found this nick to be very useful. It's easy to remember, and you can tell any non-mizo friend without any extra effort of trying to make them remember the long name "lal.............. hrahsel". My Botany teacher in Mysore used to call me "HAR-SHEL" with a very loud voice; the way he pronounce it is effective enough to wake you up if your dreaming in class.
Anyways, when I tried Google Images, many "oh-so-cute" pictures came up. Check these out..
Cool eh? :P I like it when a certain someone calls me "My Mimi" :-) It sounds special and owned :-) :-). But, I've come to the conclusion that, Mimi is a very common name. Oh well, its ok I guess..
I've been recently hooked to serials 90210 and Vampire Diaries (damon is hot!..hehe). I've observed that they've been using Bing for their search engine. So out of curiosity, I "Binged" 'mimi hrahsel', and under images, guess what one and only picture came out?
THIS---------------------->

My first expression was $%^&*()$%^&*()$^^&())
Then I realized it came from one of the funny post from a blogger friend Joseph, a post about P's and V's (haha) check THIS out if you want to know why this picture came when my name is being binged! (lal Joseph, nangmah vang vek!!). hmmm... gotta hit the sack now. I caught fever last night. But I was fit and fine by morning.

18 comments:
Nice one! im also mimi hrahsel so, i guess wit me around ur name loses its uniqueness bt dnt wory mine is only a nick, only used in family n close friends' circle so hope am not diluting, its gud u went thru ol da trouble cos now i cn learn ol abt my name thru u lolzzz sory(meek meek) hmmm let me try out bing too
My Botany teacher in Mysore used to call me "HAR-SHEL" with a very loud voice; the way he pronounce it is effective enough to wake you up if your dreaming in class.
HARH-SEL a tilova lawm hle rawh.Sawi tur dang em em pawh ka nei lo. I sawi takah chuan i mizo hming ka hre miah lo.
i googled images for "Mimi". There's a fat ugly woman at the top.
But surely that's not you :D
lolzzz, Jay-me says "People who google their names are all ego-centric".
I guess we're all in the same boat..
At least you get cute pics with your name. All I get is a 'kukui nut' and the kuku tribes from Africa :((
I still love my name.
A rose by any name....
@jay-me: another Hrahsel blogger! yayyy :D Dont worry bout diluting it. The more the merrier..hehe. thanks for dropping in
@Mos-a: Har-shel a tih pahin a chil a per chhiai zel..hehehe.. sawi tur dang em em nei lova i lo comment tho vangin ka lawm e :P Ka mizo hming chu laimimi-i..haha
@makima: haha.. phew! Thank God you didn't mistake her for me
@ku2: We should love our names :-) I like calling you "ku". For some reason, it sounds very affectionate :D
@dr_feelgood: "What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet" :-)
Chinese tawnga, Mimi tih hi kan chhiar chuan, Rice Rice tihna ani daih thung ! :-)
Mi= Rice
:-)
@seki: lolz... buh ka duh a, ka inhmeh viau tho e. hahaha
hahaha, sis, search for "Mimi" on google image again, and this time switch off your "safety search" option. Not so cute images you will get then :D
I agree with Ice Man. You're just a fish in Tamilnadu, usually the stinky kind. Dai, chinna mimm venda?
HER-SHELL..UMM!!! If she calls u like this i think she will pronounced it better, i can imagine her lips trying to flown out of her mouth just like miss betsy(of st. pauls..huhuuiii.. To tell the truth yeah its an universal common name..even our neighbour's dog is MIMI..haha...
You must be pretty bored to have nothing else to do except google your name! :P
While you're at it, check the link out, more interesting than "googling" one's name:
http://www.googlism.com/
My Mimi... hey, why are u starin' @ me?? You said u like it..
HAHAHAHA...shit happens when you started becoming egoistic! j/k ... keimah vang a ni lo, blame the heat... its "hot"!!
Lai Meme
hehehe ka style ila nih hi..ka hming hi ka google..ka thian tha te ka google loh hi an vang ang..an chanchin hriatzui ka tumna pawh a nilo..ninhlei thiltih.. Funny deuh awm chuan kan in nuih nasa thei a nia. Youtube-ah pawh an hming hian hla kan in zawn sak thin...hahahaha mimi tih hla han zawng ve teh..vai film star hmanlai deuhin an lo lampui zuk zuk hi chuan zanlaiah pawh dulna urhin a nuih theih. lehkhabu harsa deuh chhiar a nin deuh hian han khup thawk ila..youtube-ah thian te hming hi han chhu ila a nuam zual..
@illusionaire: bleh!!!dont teach me bad stuffs, or I will tell your mom! hehe
@Jesse Saiawi: I bet there are more of "jesse" in the world then "mimi". I will get a dog and name it Jesse. hehe
@blackestred: hahaha.. tried it. nice nice. But googlism does not know "Mimi Hrahsel", it knows only "mimi", could be any mimi. hmph. I like Google.com more :-)
@Alejandro: Did I??
@Joseph: One tight slap!! :P
@OpaHmar: Pawpee
@sawmpuia: you tube ah tak hi chuan ka lo ti ngai lem lova, tih ve chhin tur anih chu..tha dawn riau mai :-)
I'm still amazed that you could write such an interesting article just by using your name.. superb.
Post a Comment