I left on a Saturday. Cousin Priscilla and Brother Sangtea dropped me to the airport. And on the way, Prissy, who was driving, ran over a chick (en). Oh wait! According to Prissy, The chicken ran over her! Bro said the chicken was drunk! Well, I say Prissy and the chick share the same boyfriend, so both were fuming hot, and decided to finalize on who gets the guy (hehe). Anyway, poor chick. It flew right in to our track, dashed itself to the front window, and bounced up to the side of the road. We stopped. People started gathering around, and we told them we were really sorry. They said its ok, and told us to go ahead except for one old man who was a bit drunk kept saying “Look what you’ve done!” He had a big knife (Chempui) attached to his waist, so we told him it won’t happen again, and kept mum, or else FLICK!! (brrrr...)
My flight was a bit delayed. But I happen to meet a very nice lady. Her name’s Mary and she was with her husband and one year old son. They were to board the same flight. So she gave me company. We had a good chat. After reaching Guwahati, we exchanged numbers and went on our separate ways. It was a long drive from the airport. Getting stuck in the traffic made me realize one thing I always miss about home. In Mizoram, the drivers are mostly well disciplined. Whereas in other places that I've been to, all drivers have the intention to insert themselves in every gap available. I find this very dangerous. And the honking sounds almost made me sick.
I reached the campus in the evening. I was amazed! The place is awing and beautiful. There are trees and lakes and flowers and buildings and and and... Everything was so clean and well maintained. The guest house is just as beautiful. It reminded me of my hostel in Mysore. It has a hexagonal shape, with a carpet of grass in the middle, and a fountain at the centre. I was the first to arrive among all participants. It was a bit boring, until my new roommate arrived the next day evening. Things started to get better.
The topic was "Application of Molecular Tools for Crop Improvement". Training programme was mostly hearing out presentations from inspiring Scientists in the morning, and laboratory sessions after lunch. We had a “High Tea” on the first day, which me and my new found friends joked about. It was written like that in the programme sheet, our first time coming across such a word, and we were wondering what a high tea would be like (hehe). Well, it was a nice cup of tea with delicious snacks. I could use some of those high teas anytime :-). I got to make friends with many of the participants. We all had good interaction, and by the third day, we started exchanging email addresses and phone numbers. Everything was well organized. And FOOD WAS GOOD! :-)
The most I like about this place is the people working in this Institute. Everyone’s so dedicated to their work. And hats off to our Instructors. They have inspired and enlightened me. They know all the basics of the experiments we were doing, and I kept saying to myself “When you go home, go open your books and start reading!” which I will be doing, soon! *grin*
Lab sessions were interesting, and tiring. There were times when we worked till 7:30 in the evening. And our instructors said, sometimes they used to work till 10 at night! This showed how much dedicated they are, and at the same time showed me how much of effort I should put in my work. A big sorry to all my friends, for not getting you anything, anything including the "thing” you asked (hehe). Seriously, we were busy right from morning till evening, and I didn’t have time to go out and shop. I promise I’ll make it up to you next time :-)
I came back the next Saturday. My flight was delayed (again). I met a nice lady (again) from Kolkata. She was on her way back from Shillong. But she left early, since her flight was earlier then mine. Even though it was just a one week program, I came home inspired, encouraged, enlightened, boosted and tired.
PS: I stayed 7 days without combing my hair! I completely forgot to take my comb *grin*

15 comments:
Sigh! you mean all the efforts - time , money spent so that one day you might produce a banana which is not curved???
Training at the IIT? Molecular tool for Crop..? You're scaring me.I'm outa here,I prefer dumb blondes!!
Molecular thing piah lama i teivel na hi chu a ngaihnawm thei khawp mai :P
@OpaHmar: If we happen to invent such a thing, we'll make sure to patent it by the name "opahmar - the straight banana" hyuk hyuk hyuk! :-D Pu Zoramthanga balhla an tih ang deuh khan
@dr_feelgood: Oh! come'on! I know you don't mean that.. does this mean I'm losing a reader?? :-((( (hehe)
@VaiVa: I fel e. Energy pak ka rawn thawn ang che :-)
i reh vang2 tih laiin kan khaw hlui ah a tre a trening i lo zu nei daih elo!! i trening na lah hi ka bo map mai, eng tak niang maw!! *tukhum thak lo pui hiat* :P
han comment belh vak tur pawh ka se la... i kal leh a i bazar duh a nih chuan bazarna tur zawng2 ka lo kawh hmuh vek ang che, truck engine i duh pawn a awmna ka hre vek a nia....hahaha IIT atang kha chuan zanah 1 hour drive vel a niang chhun ah chuan do the math :P
straight banana chu siam chhuah dan lo zir tang2 phawt mai teh, a hralhna lam kan lo ngaihtuah dawn nia, a hlawk ngawt ang!! :P :P
btw, Francisa of venghlui kha in classmate a ni em kha(h), guwahati ah a awm kha....
I am good, get going!
I'm glad you had a productive training course my dear:) good for you...as far as the High Tea goes...it must be some kinda IIT lingo, cause we had that one too at IIT, delhi....anyway dear i got two questions for ya...
1. so did you guys finally find out why the chick(en)crossed the road?:)
2. so mmuah chu in ti ve tawh em?:)
P.S: last one was sangtea's question.
ahahahaha
@wonderboy: dental problem ka hriatthiam loh ang bawkin aniang, i hriatthiam loh. hehe. ka kal leh chuan ka rawn rawn ngei ngei ang che. nia, traffic a turu thei khawp mai, in khaw hlui chu..
francis-a chu aw, kan classmate thin. in in hria ami? min lo biak dawn nia, kan inbe khat khawp mai..
@chawnghilh: thanks :-)
@ice-man: those are very personal questions, and so I will tell you personally :-) I boss Sangtea thu thu in lo awm teh suh!hehehe
Seven days without combing your hair? Seriously, will there be any difference? :D
Jokes aside, am proud of you sis. Hugz.
December, 2005. khan IIT Guwahati chu ka tlawh ve tawh seminar kan nei a. An guest house kha nuam deuh a ni mahse tunah chuan a vawt ngawt ang. Ka thian te pahnih pawh tunhnai khan an rawn thawkthar a sin...IIT guwahati kan sawilai mek a nia, ilo post chiah! I topic chu ka hrethiam chiahlo, keini chu culinary practices tihlam a nia ei leh in lam kan hnianghnar a nia aw.
@Illusionaire: proud of u too bro. hugss!! :-)
@sawmpuia: an guest house kha nuam khawp mai. an ei tur tui zia thu hlir ka sawi, keini training tura kal pawn tui kan tia nia, culinary practices lampang nih phei chuan, ei tur chu a van tui don tiar2 ve aw.... :-) thanks for visiting.
Samkhuih lo-a chu chen chen i awm chu mak ka ti beeer mai....
Was just kiddig. No offence. You're my favourite blogger. I really prefer beauty with brains any day, I was just jealous cos I didnt get to do any further studies besides my graduate course in Gauhati ( that's how it was spelt when I was a student!!)
Update tawh teh. Ngaihnawm viau na in in kal chhan velah hian val kan bo nghal der tlat.
@Varte: LOL.. a theih ve ltk asin. Suk zawhah kut in ti mam thuak2 a, a ro velah tawn leh top a. keipawh a tir chuan campus pawnah ka va chhuak anga, ka va lei chuk2 dawn amawni ka tia, mahse rin aiin ka lo mamawh vak lo :-)
@dr_feelgood: Thanksss! You're my favourite reader! :-)
@Sidewinder: lolz.. update tep e
Post a Comment