It all happened, when I accidentally dropped my phone in a steaming hot agar medium which I had just taken out from the microwave oven for my laboratory work. An agar medium is slimy and sticky, liquid while its hot, but gradually solidifies as it cools.
I gave the phone for repair to one of my brother’s friend’s shop, not very far from my house. He was kind enough to lend me an extra phone of his, a Nokia N83, and asked me to keep my phone overnight. But I missed my phone, a normal Nokia 6300, not even a hi-fi better quality phone could take its place. I got it back the next day, the LCD and something else was changed. But since then, it has’nt been the same. I had to take it back to the shop several times, even the salespersons would give a ‘I know why she’s here again – smile’ whenever I entered the shop :-).
One day it would show a black display, and on other days, the music player would just not work, and sometimes the alarm would go off an hour late. There was also a time when one could not hear my voice through the phone, it was a problem with the speaker system. These were all repaired.... until.. the PQRS keypad failed me!
So, first of all, here’s a good excuse to all my friends, complaining that I never reply their sms. *grin*
Try to think of making up a sentence without using these letters, can you? See, I’m telling you, it’s hard! But the creative me (coughs) have used sms slangs like ‘thnx’ for ‘thanks’, ‘GM’ for ‘Good Morning’, ‘Vodka' for 'Voksa' (lolzzz..JK!)etc plus, I found out that it’s much easier to modify Mizo sentences rather than English.
‘In atangin I chhuak tawh em?’ rather than ‘Have you StaRted fRom home?’
‘I hman tawh em?’ rather than ‘aRe you Ready?’
............
Argghh, I just can’t think of anymore examples right now, as it is, it is already a pain in the a** :-D
And most of the time, I find myself ‘almost’ losing patience trying to click that keypad just once, JUST ONCE so that my sentence would be complete. The other day, I tried to type ‘sports’, only OT came. Haha! “kan OT a” :-D
Now, I’ve given up trying. IF I cannot think of a sentence without pqrs at the first thought, then I’d rather call, than type.
Don’t tell me to buy a new phone, unless you're willing to buy me one ;-), I think I can still manage with my 2 years old Nokia 6300. And in case, if you plan to buy me one (hehe), I would like to have the same model *grin*..... which reminds me, my annoying but loving cousin brother Kima a.k.a illusion in the air still owes me a cute laptop mouse!


23 comments:
Ahh... the Mimi I knew. Always in a love-hate relationship with a semi-functional phone. Do you remember all your old tricks... thlauh chhiat i tum nasat theih zia te kha haha. Toilet a i thlak hnua phur fe a a chhiat tak hram thu i rawn sawi te kha... mhs a thar i lei hmain a ron tha leh si a mi khah?
Tin, ngatinge min hrilh lova a screensaver i thlak? Ruati tal i hrilh m? I ti lutuk tlat
@makima: Hahahaha.. thanks for refreshing my mind. Ka lo theihnghilh tep tawh alawm le.. tuna ka phone hi chu ka la thlauh lui phal lo deuh, ka la roh ve hrih tlat. Khami ka phone kha chu mak ve reng reng, thlauh pawp a, signal bo vek te kha a rawn awm leh a, kha kha chu nokia 6100, tuna ka hman lai U chiah an ti.
Ruati pawh ka la hrilh lo. Nangpawh ka hriat lohin a theme i lo thlak tho kha...
I phone chhiatthu ka chhiar tran khian, lungchhiatthlak tawkin i chhunzawm ka lo ring a. Mittui rukna tur tissue-paper te ka lo inchhawp hman a!:-DD
Mahse, zangkhai angreng deuh i in finis a,chhiar nuam reuh lutuk. i kazen, Sandman a post sei deuh ai chuan :-))
Kan sport a , kan OT han ti daih chu :-)) Lei saktu tur chu an awm mai ka ring....rin deuh pawh ka nei :-D
hehehe... "cousin brother" ? That is so Hinglish. :D A simple "cousin" will do. :P
Yeah yeah, will buy you your stupid mouse once you tell me which guy you're crazy about. One time, it is that guy. Other time it is this guy. After that, it is another guy. Once, it was even that girl. So you leave me confused, my dear cuz. So confused that it is difficult to buy you a mouse.
:D *min ngei ang chuuuu. woohoooo!*
And lolz at your keypad. See... it affects people like you who spend their whole day ck'ing over smses. For normal people like us, it doesn't make any difference. In fact we don't even notice that our keypad is broken. :P
Speaking of walking into shops with a Nokia phone, are you that infamous girl who walked into BSNL office and asked if its the right place to pay your Nokia phone bill? i nih duh hmel :D
Poor you!! I'm sure some one will buy you a new one. I used an old B&W Nokia till recently. I saved up real hard for an i-phone which i thought was a cool gadget. Bought it from a grey market, but it didnt work, so thats my savings down the drain. Now I have a music express which is a poor man's i phone, but am quite happy with it.
Of all the mobile phone I'd ever used, I'd say Nokia 1110 is the best. I once was a sony ericsson fan so to say.. every time they launch a new product, will always call home and ask for a bonus so that i can keep up with their models! Had use more than 5 of their mobile phones. when I lost my ericsson here in Mumbai, bought Nokia 1110i so that I can atleast receive a call, since that day , I fell in love with this model.LOL!
Last year when I went home, I was on the phone while driving Activa, and I hit something on the road, and my dearie fell on the road, and my Activa ran over it,there were bruises and cuts on the phone ( no blood spilled atleast) yet he manage to bear the pain.. so I'll be with this mobile until and unless she rest in peace LOL
Comment deleted by author ....eh
Still LMAO at Illusionaire's comment
Will comment after the mandatory list of so and so and so and Amos and so........
@Sekibuhchhuak: Tissue paper chu a tangkai tho ang nakinah, sandman nen damlai lu in sun leh hunah te :-) Tunge min lei sak tu tur i rin chu? (hehe). Thanks for the compliment.
@illusion and the hair: Just wanted to make sure that you're not gay
Will buy me... when???? You buy all sorts of gifts and chocolates for your girlfriends and boyfriend(Amos),but you never buy me anything :-(
CK does not exist in my dictionary! :P Thanks for proving to everyone how annoying you are *hugs* :-D
@dr_feelgood: Awwww.. that's sad, sorry 'bout the i-phone. You should have consulted me before buying from the grey market, I have friends who always manage to buy good stuffs from such markets. But you know, Music express ain't that bad either..
@mnowluck: oh yes.. I haven't come across any Nokia 1110 user complaining about it. It must be really good.
And didn't you know you shouldn't be on the phone while driving? And your poor darling has to suffer all because of you :-)
@OpaHmar: Comment deleted because the author is unsure and always unsure? hehe.. plz, plz.. feel free to LYAO, you'll be an A**-less fellow. haha!
comment deleted by aouthor....ka ziahchawp a nih hiiiii...
You fail to see the humour here....I give up!!!
@OpaHmar: YOU failed to see THE humour.. Your name would have not shown if you had'nt typed it.. duh! :-D
I kawmen har tawh eeeee
*gross story alert*
hmanah ka thianpa hostel a awm laiin daikal turin toilet ah lut a. A phone a thlauh ta tlat mai. A hma mi vaipa khan a lo tleuh lova a no 2 kha. tichuan a chhar ngei ngei kha a ngai sia. Uak vak vak chungin a hawlh kual vel phawt a. chuan a chawk kawi deuh hnu ah khan a chhar ngam chauh ta a. Tichuan uak nasa ltk chungin a pho rova. Chuan a them te kha a lo kai nual a. Chuan a hnu ah a tha leh mai a ti. ka type lai pawh vawi 32 ka uak hman.
kalawme.
ale @OPA keimah aiin i comment hmasa zawk sia. A Zak ang Chu!
mnowluck a nawk nawk chu leh. i phone kha a pe nge a nu pawh i chiang lo.
here were bruises and cuts on the phone ( no blood spilled atleast) yet he manage to bear the pain.. so I'll be with this mobile until and unless she rest in peace LOL
Van khawngaih che e aw.....? I cuz brother chimawm zia hi Mzoram a rawn haw ka chiang chiah! :P Ka thawveng sawt a tello hian. He he...
I sazu [oh! mouse{?)] pawh a lei theih loh che chuan cuz tangin ban rawh! Tu te emaw chu Sunday tlai tin Mall ah leh Friday tlai tin Movies a treat ziah! Fiamthu tak tak :P
@Mos-a: THAT is seriously GROSS!! Vawi khat chhiar kha ka duh tawk. hehe. Keini pawh, mnowluck te, opahmar te nen, kan lawm e. :-)
@VaiVa: Chuvang anih chuuu.. mi pawh a rawn call ngai tawh lo reng reng. Sual ve reuh ngawt mai. Sweet cheng khat man tak ngial pawh min lei duh lo :-(
AHHH the forbidden love between a woman and her Phone
Here's the solution:
1. Heat water in a pot, stir for 2 minutes and add KMnO4 powder.
2. Using a dropper, drop about 2ml of the solution between the key pads
2. Wait for 10 mins and after that, remove the memory card
3. Plug it into a computer and from the command prompt, type "Format".. every problem you experience will be gone within a few minutes.
Eh! I phone i 'culture' elo a! chuan gram +ve nge -ve lo ni ta?!! Ek in a pawisa ka chhar hunah tha tawk ka la lei dn che nia!! Hahaha
a thar lei leh my la, a tlom toh lom! Thil reng2 hi a version thar apiang a tha zok zel a nia a ti i cousin brother sandman an! :-D
@Edward: lolz, what a coincidence, just the other day, Muanawma mentioned that you guys were partners in chemistry practicals during 12th, and that Ms. Nidhi scolded you guys real bad. And here you are telling me some KMnO4 procedure.haha
@wonderboy: Phone culture chu rin aiin a hautak khawp mai, a to tha duh lo reng reng mawle :-)
how da hell did your phone survive that? mahse mi anglo ah chhuah phah ringot mai lom tiroooooo! I luuurrrrrve mimi!
Hei vang nimo call poh i har em em nachhan kalo ngei phah khop mai che sin...aleina tur i tuak nasat tehreng nen:)
I u bulah ngen leh top mai roh
Thil ropui vak ni silo ngaihnawm takin ivan ziak thiam ve....hehhe...ngaihnawm ltk
Post a Comment